+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sliding door moment this season

Sliding door moment this season

OK we are down.

But which was the sliding doors moment for this season.?

If you can, pick out one single moment and map out the alternative scenario which would have kept us up this season.

For me it is :

' Cameron Humphries is down on the turf. Thankfully it just looks like a bit of cramp and he is okay to carry on'

Not sure there's a single moment but I do think the variety from a player like Andre Green would have been very valuable once he'd got in to the groove.

Not signing Matt Taylor on as manager

…… another manager may have

The first half of the first match at Stoke. We looked so far off the level and ,putting aside a few moments where we haven't,we have ever since.

The sliding door moment wasn’t this season, it was when Warne walked out taking his acolytes with him.

Been struggling since then. Dropped us in a deep hole

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The sliding door moment wasn’t this season, it was when Warne walked out taking his acolytes with him.

Been struggling since then. Dropped us in a deep hole
    Compare that to Plymouth
    Ryan Lowe got poached by pne to no discernible effect

Steven Scumacker poached by Stoke to no discernible effect

Plymouth are stronger now than they’ve ever been

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Compare that to Plymouth
    Ryan Lowe got poached by pne to no discernible effect

Steven Scumacker poached by Stoke to no discernible effect

Plymouth are stronger now than they’ve ever been
    Yep, we stuck with PW for too long and didn’t attend to the club as a whole.

Made ourselves too dependent on him being loyal

Go back further Evans after 2 wins knew we needed further additions didn't get the backing so parting of the ways. We were on the up then could have pushed on got ground capacity increased. Never get a better chance. Warne don't get me started he just accepted what Evans wouldn't.

The performance away at Wednesday for me. Playing against the worst team in the league at that time without a win, it was at shocking performance and probably the worst I've ever seen in a derby match. If we can't compete with that then there was no hope for me.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    The performance away at Wednesday for me. Playing against the worst team in the league at that time without a win, it was at shocking performance and probably the worst I've ever seen in a derby match. If we can't compete with that then there was no hope for me.
    ^^^^
    This for me too.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast