+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Leeds United - v - Rotherham ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Thing with finishing third is, you end up playing someone in sixth place twenty odd points behind you….and losing.
    Or getting to the final and ….

Losing

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Some observations:
    1. Rutter is the Tevez type player Bielsa always wanted but never got. Rutter is a different level. I just wish he could shoot and he would wear regular football socks.
    2. Sam Byram is a high quality player. Its a shame that he's been so badly injured so often.
    3. Not sure about Kamara. Solid player but not the level of Phillips who was instrumental in getting us up.
    4. Rotherham belong in League 1.
    Was just thinking about the all-important sock issues (not much else going on!):

1) I also dislike the scruff bags who choose to wear their socks at half mast (although, much like earlier observations I’ve made about having identifiably different boots, there is a case for players presenting themselves differently so that their colleagues can quickly identify them in game play).

2) I think I might even dislike the whole Pippy Longstockings look more (Cooper often wears his socks like, well, stockings). It’s not like they’re playing on park pitches where there’s real danger of broken glass, dog****e or used needles to contend with. There’s no need to look like extras from a Jane Fonda workout video.

3) Some players seem to deliberately cut holes in their socks. Are their lower legs really that extended and muscular? I’d suggest that any compression/support would probably be a good thing in any case.

4) Referees should never wear similar socks to any of the outfield players…

..don’t get me started again on the choice of referee kit for Premier League games in particular. There’s no reason there should ever be any form of colour clash with the teams they’re officiating. Ever.

I might have just won the dullest post to this site in living memory.

(Waits for WTF)

Oh, and feckin’ gloves…

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Was just thinking about the all-important sock issues (not much else going on!):

1) I also dislike the scruff bags who choose to wear their socks at half mast (although, much like earlier observations I’ve made about having identifiably different boots, there is a case for players presenting themselves differently so that their colleagues can quickly identify them in game play).

2) I think I might even dislike the whole Pippy Longstockings look more (Cooper often wears his socks like, well, stockings). It’s not like they’re playing on park pitches where there’s real danger of broken glass, dog****e or used needles to contend with. There’s no need to look like extras from a Jane Fonda workout video.

3) Some players seem to deliberately cut holes in their socks. Are their lower legs really that extended and muscular? I’d suggest that any compression/support would probably be a good thing in any case.

4) Referees should never wear similar socks to any of the outfield players…

..don’t get me started again on the choice of referee kit for Premier League games in particular. There’s no reason there should ever be any form of colour clash with the teams they’re officiating. Ever.

I might have just won the dullest post to this site in living memory.

(Waits for WTF)
    Agree with all of the above, so presumably equally dull?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Agree with all of the above, so presumably equally dull?
    Let’s have a “Dull Off”. I suspect we’ve both got lots of material.

Anything to avoid tiling the bathroom (which is what I’m supposed to be doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Let’s have a “Dull Off”. I suspect we’ve both got lots of material.
    I'm sure we both have, but in the interests of saving ones sanity, I'll decline (and you know you should be attending to that tiling job, get some brownie points!)

Grouty McGroutface it is then…

It’s the headphones that get to me.
    Can’t they even get on a fkin bus without them.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)