+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts County

Notts County

What is going on?

Haven't won since December and have now conceded 57 goals in 30 games.

Still within 2 points of the play-off places though.

Please explain Chalky.

Conceded 57 goals in 30 days days it all howoldboy,our defence is woeful but last season in non league we got away with it because teams was scared to come to Meadow Lane because of the hype around Langstaff and how he was doing so well,if they went away with a point then they was happy,this season it’s a different ball game and we are playing bigger clubs who do their homework,they’ve exploited our defence weaknesses and work around that,we got away with in it in non league but not league two,as if that wasn’t bad enough Williams left us to go to Swansea and this has been a blow in my eyes,I don’t know enough about his replacement to put into comment just yet but I’m not impressed yet,Williams left on a 5-0 win and I can’t see that happening any time soon plus we didn’t even strengthen our defence in January

To sum it up we need a better defence,nobody is scared of us a league up and we lost a very influential manager,I can’t see us going up and unfortunately for both clubs I can see me twinning up a weekend squirrel hunting in Cumbria with a game at Carlisle,I don’t want it for both clubs but I think that’s what will happen but who knows,I can see Carlisle surviving the drop more than I can see Notts going up

Anyone got a spare bed for the night?
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 10-02-2024 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post

Still within 2 points of the play-off places though.

I’ve just had a look at the league and it’s worst than I thought,could be 10th or even 11th by 5pm

Lost 1-0 against Wrexham,I just don’t think that we’ve got the staying power of others in our league,absolutely no way of automatic and with only 2 points separating 8 clubs for the final playoff place it’s not looking good

I shall look out for our fixtures next season

It’s gonna be tight for the final play off spot,Walsall who won last night are only three points behind Harrogate who occupy the final seventh spot and they are 16th in the league

Should Carlisle not escape the drop will the new owners put some money in the club to get back up again?

Probably, and they’re looking for a site to build us a property trading facility which we’ve never had (as far as I’m aware) which will cost a few quid. And redeveloping the ground.

On the other side of things if Everton sell Jarrod Branthwaite to repay some of their debt in the Summer we’re in for a few quid. A lot of interest has been generated and I’ve seen figures between £50m and £100m quoted. We have a decent sell-on clause of 17.5% to 20% though it would come in instalments. One of the reasons why we were seen as a good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Probably, and they’re looking for a site to build us a property trading facility which we’ve never had (as far as I’m aware) which will cost a few quid. And redeveloping the ground.

On the other side of things if Everton sell Jarrod Branthwaite to repay some of their debt in the Summer we’re in for a few quid. A lot of interest has been generated and I’ve seen figures between £50m and £100m quoted. We have a decent sell-on clause of 17.5% to 20% though it would come in instalments. One of the reasons why we were seen as a good investment.
    Sorry Griff. I try to stay abreast of news regarding Carlisle United but I may have missed this.

What is this "property trading facility" you speak of?

Is it cockney rhyming slam that you've picked up since living daan saaf, or is it simply another way of saying an Estate Agents?

If the latter, why would we need an Estate Agency?

Chalky has asked a reasonable question. The least you could do would be to give him a straight answer.
    Last edited by howoldboy; 21-02-2024 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post

Is it cockney rhyming slam that you've picked up since living daan saaf, or is it simply another way of saying an Estate Agents?
    Proper tickled me did that howoldboy 😆

proper training facility

FFS

Fekkin spill chuck.
    Last edited by griff; 21-02-2024 at 09:33 PM.

After a 1-3 loss to Crewe Notts drop down to 13th and four points off the final playoff spot,it’s gonna be tough to get a run going because we are in free fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)