+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Look...

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    😂😂
    Sorry, forgot the Choo Choo.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Well, that's one win. Let's hope there's many more. Time for a bandwagon?
    Well WP you were quick enough to order a taxi for him, why don't you order him a throne for him under instead based on your speedy judgement scale. Maybe it just highlights how wrong you were to Judge a managers talents or lack off them, so quickly !!!No its not a bandwagon reflecting on this victory, just a fair assessment on a/the manger after 4 games in charge, maybe, just maybe he ain't so bad ! Don't just go splashing your money on Taxis so quickly !! Taxi for WP xx

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I don’t think we will get Warner, he’s well rated there and quite a few Norwich fans were calling for him to get more games for them. He’s had a rocky couple of games but I think he will come good and address some of our defensive issues.
    As for Jatta I’ll be surprised if he’s just a bench warmer, when was the last time we spent over 100k on a player? I suppose it could be the case this season whilst he gets fit and up to speed as we could have 5 fit strikers in a month or so.
    It will be interesting to see how Warner beds in over the coming weeks and I remain optimistic he will be able to do a job if he’s highly thought of at Norwich. He could be key in our push for the playoffs at the business end of the season. Another good bit of business there that we got him in.

Yes that was my thought process with Jatta almost like a gradual introduction into the team as there will no doubt be a period where he has to adapt to English Football. I hope people don’t write him off if he doesn’t hit the ground running after a couple of games. Let’s remember he’s coming to a new country (think back to when Eli Sam and Ruben Rodrigues came to the club) so I’m thinking the next six months will be a settling in period. Time will tell but he’s another option.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Yes that was my thought process with Jatta almost like a gradual introduction into the team as there will no doubt be a period where he has to adapt to English Football. I hope people don’t write him off if he doesn’t hit the ground running after a couple of games.
    A pretty forlorn hope mate. He'll be crucified by some if he doesn't play like Cristiano Ronaldo in his first two games.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    A pretty forlorn hope mate. He'll be crucified by some if he doesn't play like Cristiano Ronaldo in his first two games.
    'Twas ever thus on a footy fans forum. 'Tis a shame he's been hyped up so much. If he had arrived here within a couple of days or even a week he wouldn't have had as much fuss as he will get when he does arrive. So much expected of him yet where will he play? Who'll be dropped for him? He seems like a nice feller but as you say, if his first game is a stinker he'll be hammered on here.

Fans will need to be patient with Jatta whilst we work out how he best fits into our system. He's a target man but not prolific when it comes to goals. His biggest asset for us will/should be his physicality. In fact he ranks highly compared to other strikers for his defensive actions. If he can put himself about a bit behind Macca or Didzy we could really benefit from that.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Fans will need to be patient with Jatta whilst we work out how he best fits into our system. He's a target man but not prolific when it comes to goals. His biggest asset for us will/should be his physicality. In fact he ranks highly compared to other strikers for his defensive actions. If he can put himself about a bit behind Macca or Didzy we could really benefit from that.
    Definitely. I noticed against Newport that Ashby-Hammond went long when we needed to. We still played it around the back, but we seemed to be more pragmatic about when to get it forward. Having someone like Jatta (along with Didzy) up top will really help those more direct balls stick, which will make it easier for our defenders to use that as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Definitely. I noticed against Newport that Ashby-Hammond went long when we needed to. We still played it around the back, but we seemed to be more pragmatic about when to get it forward. Having someone like Jatta (along with Didzy) up top will really help those more direct balls stick, which will make it easier for our defenders to use that as an option.
    I can see him subbing Didzy and playing in front of Macca.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789