+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Look...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Are you genuinely confused or are you being deliberately ignorant? I clearly stated Warnock managed in Non-League before Notts. I didn't claim he joined from a Non-League club...
    You missed the most important bit out, that he'd actually achieved something and then went on to prove himself in the FL, having established Scarborough at that level the previous season on gates of 3k.

The managers you list all won promotion/were top half tier 5 managers before going into the FL.

If anybody is confused and ignorant, it's you.

Are you genuinely confused or are you being deliberately ignorant? I clearly stated Warnock managed in Non-League before Notts. I didn't claim he joined from a Non-League club...
    He did, and he was the first manager to take a club out of non-league through the automatic promotion route. He was clearly back then way ahead of Maynard who took Wealdstone to the dizzy heights of 13th. Since then, he has achieved promotions in the league over and over again, two with Notts. Don't even mention Maynard in the same breath as him.

There is no evidence that Maynard will be a success, none whatsoever. His main asset is that he can be controlled. The likes of Montague could not handle a successful manager like Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    You missed the most important bit out, that he'd actually achieved something and then went on to prove himself in the FL, having established Scarborough at that level the previous season on gates of 3k.

The managers you list all won promotion/were top half tier 5 managers before going into the FL.

If anybody is confused and ignorant, it's you.
    At the time of his last league game against Ebbsfleet Wealdstone were 12th (so in the top half) 8 points off the play offs with 3 games in hand. That after being assistant to Dean Brennan when they won the NLS title, and then taking over from him and leading Wealdstone to their highest finish in 36 years. So the irony of your point is Maynard was also technically a top half tier 5 manager. That btw with the smallest club in the NL, with a tiny budget...

Wild and Williamson were recruited from non league and they’re not doing bad.
    I think people are getting confused, when any club recruits an up and coming manager it’s usually a league below or even below that. We are in League 2, the division below is known as non league. It also consists of football teams that play with 11 players, they also have the exact same rules as the league we’re in and they also have training sessions in the week.

All this talk about Warnock - is there any proof that he would have come to Notts?

So, I very rarely get the chance to see Notts live, because of serious health issues. The Gillingham game was my first this season. I have to say the obvious - it was crap. And if I judged the team, I would say an average point tally would be 4. But, the manager would be a 1 - poor tactics and team selection, use of subs etc. He reminds me too much of Ardley, and if there is one former manager I would not choose to prevent our disastrous fall down the table it would be him. Three games isn't enough to judge him, but I have a feeling this isn't going to end well for Maynard

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    So, I very rarely get the chance to see Notts live, because of serious health issues. The Gillingham game was my first this season. I have to say the obvious - it was crap. And if I judged the team, I would say an average point tally would be 4. But, the manager would be a 1 - poor tactics and team selection, use of subs etc. He reminds me too much of Ardley, and if there is one former manager I would not choose to prevent our disastrous fall down the table it would be him. Three games isn't enough to judge him, but I have a feeling this isn't going to end well for Maynard
    How exactly does he remind you of Ardley? Tactically I can't see many similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    How exactly does he remind you of Ardley? Tactically I can't see many similarities.
    Me neither. Can't see how he is worth a 1, partly based on team selection.

It's beginning to appear to me that there are some who aren't willing to give Maynard any time and have already decided that he is going to fail.

Posts about Williams returning are way off, let's be thankful for him, but now get behind Maynard and the owners, because ultimately the criticism is of them.

As i predicted before Maynard walked in, he would be written off early on. He's getting the Burchnall treatment and it's embarrassing. What makes me laugh is LW struggled in his last 14 games of his tenure, but the narrative was it's down to the players. Fast forward to now because it's a head coach many didn't want and it's flipped. Maynard is 'out of his depth' sorry more than respectable point against Barrow. Mansfield first half was a delight to watch, and on another day we go in 2-3 goals up. Started well against Gillingham but lost our way against a low block. What cracks me up is the most though is this narrative that Maynard isn't any good because he's from non-league. When i see or hear that it just shows you have no clue what you're talking about. Here are some facts for you. Neil Warnock the man people were on their knees for managed in non league before Notts. Now i know what people will say, yeah but that was in the 80's ok no problem. He's another fact for you. 5 of the current top 7 in L2 are managed by people that started or very much built their reputation in non-league. Dave Challinor history of managing outside of the FL. Nigel Clough started at Burton. Pete Wild came up to Barrow from Halifax. Mike Williamson, Gateshead to MK. Simon Weaver Harrogate. Technically you could even say 6 out of the top 7 seeing as Parkinson was in the NL last season. Your anger should not be towards Maynard, it should be towards the recruitment staff who badly let down LW in the summer and Maynard in January. Notts have defenders that are not good enough for L2 it's as simple as that. In the summer we need to cash in on Langstaff, and use that money to build a more balanced squad. You stick the munto season defence with our attack this season and we walk this league.
    The only people who should be getting the flack is the recruitment team. They have lumbered us with a load of crocks, and one that cant head a ball, who we have yet to see. All this at a time when we were in a challenging position in the league, and needed the new additions to be match ready and help the team kick on.. I think Maynard has been sh*t on....

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The accent and general demeanour perhaps, but background wise he's more in the Burchnall mode with no FL experience.

Ardley and Williams had managed at a higher level. It's up for debate whether or not the Swedish league is much better than tier 5, some of the teams in there certainly will be, others probably not, but Maynard is without doubt the least qualified of all Reedtz bros managers and he's come in at the point where we're at our highest position under them.

As useless as Ardley was, he finished higher and got closer in the play offs than Burchnall did, yet somehow, according to many, Burch 'improved us' by falling further short of the target on both counts. I'm getting Burch vibes from this new guy in that respect.

I don't wish to character assassinate the guy, he says the right things, he conducts himself competently enough, but with his background I'd be looking for something extra in his personality that has that pumped up clenched fist attitude, or some sort of quirkyness, arrogance, whatever, but I'm not getting anything but bland so far.

As difficult as these next two games are, they do provide an opportunity for him to lay down a marker. A win at either would grant him a lot of credit.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast