+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dike - It’s Time To Do One!

This is so unfortunate for the lad and it seems like it’s curtains for his career but hope I’m wrong.

Our business has been poor last few years but this can’t have been predicted. A young chap with no real injury history has just had the worst luck.

Some say sell him, who would buy him? The best we can hope for is that the injury is not that bad and he’s back for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Of course we all feel for him but West Bromwich Albion Football Club is not a charity and a business. It's embarrassing in our financial situation we are paying money in a cost of living crisis that many dream about to a player who breaks down time and time again. In these situations we need to get rid. Same with Bartley lets say who has been solid this season - he's on his last legs, injury prone and on 38K a week. Is it sensible to keep him in our position? Is it sensible to keep Matt Phillips who consistently plays half a season almost every season?

Decisions should be made on business not emotive when huge salaries are on the table! As much as I hate Lai - he sadly did not buy:

Grady 15 million
    Grant 15 million
    Dike 7 Million
    Zohorse 8 million
    We chose to sign each of the players you mention and also chose to contract them on associated term duration and salary. I know from some of your other posts you clearly understand business so can only assume you advocate buying each out of our remaining obligations. Where do we get the cash to do that and how will it benefit us to spend a small fortune buying out their contracts?

Could his injuries come from playing on astro turth before he come over here

Sad he’s injury prone, but purely on business reasons he need to be paid off, how much is it costing us in wages, scans, rehabilitation etc then we have to pay for a loan for a player to cover his position, financially he’s a disaster and we’re getting no return for our investment

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Swedie Tom lol, I'm glad to see you stick up for Dazza there.
    The lad has had I think the worst time with injuries in what seems like a short space of time. I feel sorry for him as well. 😟
    Btw Acido mate, I’m having a Peanut Banoffee Pie Imperial Pastry Stout at 12,0% ABV atm. From Nottingham btw, Neon Raptor Brewing Co. I do like them strong ones… 😎

Quote Originally Posted by B74 View Post
    We chose to sign each of the players you mention and also chose to contract them on associated term duration and salary. I know from some of your other posts you clearly understand business so can only assume you advocate buying each out of our remaining obligations. Where do we get the cash to do that and how will it benefit us to spend a small fortune buying out their contracts?

That’s the problem though 74 - who would buy these players? Whilst I don’t like Lai - if you were Lai would you invest in the club further when 50 million approx has gone down the plug hole?

Goes back to my point about injury prone players - of course I feel sorry for them but a cash strapped club who don’t have a pot to piss in need to look at the business side. Already we didn’t have a clinical goal scorer but now it’s all down to Asante who I like but he’s not clinical in front of goal.

We need to look at more Fellows type players - hungry - athletic - skilful and cost nothing. The clue perhaps is in athletic and skill!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Sad he’s injury prone, but purely on business reasons he need to be paid off, how much is it costing us in wages, scans, rehabilitation etc then we have to pay for a loan for a player to cover his position, financially he’s a disaster and we’re getting no return for our investment

Good job he’s not a race horse!

We bought Dike and I don’t believe that he showed any signs of being injury prone then. When his injuries have healed, he has shown the enthusiasm to play, unlike Zohore, so rather just get rid asap, the club has, I think, shown commendable loyalty to him in their efforts to rehabilitate. It may well be that his second Achilles injury will bring his playing days to an end, almost certainly it will as far as Albion are concerned. As I have said, I think the club has acted honourably regarding Dike and I wish the bloke all the best for the future, whatever it may hold for him.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    We bought Dike and I don’t believe that he showed any signs of being injury prone then. When his injuries have healed, he has shown the enthusiasm to play, unlike Zohore, so rather just get rid asap, the club has, I think, shown commendable loyalty to him in their efforts to rehabilitate. It may well be that his second Achilles injury will bring his playing days to an end, almost certainly it will as far as Albion are concerned. As I have said, I think the club has acted honourably regarding Dike and I wish the bloke all the best for the future, whatever it may hold for him.
    Second all that Ketts👍

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Second all that Ketts��
    I'll third that. Good luck to him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)