+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trafford?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Let’s not forget Sub - laws brought us Leon Cort as well - possibly the stiffest immobile centre back I’ve seen at Burnley ����
    Yes he did when he had to find players at very short notice and inherited a hopeless situation after the defection of Owen Coyle..
    Interesting to note that when Brian Laws was sacked in December 2010 we were 9th in the Championship, we finished the season in 8th position.
    The following season, under Eddie Howe, we finished 13th, the lowest position we have finished in the last 13 seasons. The following season when Eddie left we were in 16th place but he never got the abuse thrown at him like Brian Laws did.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    but he never got the abuse thrown at him like Brian Laws did.
    Not quite to the same extent, but I remember one November night at Birmingham, we were abysmal in the first half and came off losing 1-0, the fans were singing 'Eddie, Eddie sort it our, Eddie sort it out'. He never looked up, just walked off with his head down, he didn't sort it out either, we lost 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pulis (again!) had our pants down with Leon and no mistake.

He did not even have the decency to send us a lubicrant...

Attachment 25734

Dry bummed (again!)
    I seem to remember a Derby v rovers where he just stuck out a stiff leg and gave a penalty away for us to lose- stocks in the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I seem to remember a Derby v rovers where he just stuck out a stiff leg and gave a penalty away for us to lose- stocks in the memory.
    Our good friend Mike Dean gave that pen and our good friend David Dunn scored it.

I can remember two games on't Turf where Leon played quite well, can't remember who they were against now, but there were definitely two.
    Last edited by sinkov; 16-02-2024 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Failing that ask Brentford & Everton if we can clone Mee & Tarkowski and quick.
    We wouldn't want Mee back defending like he did against Liverpool, too bone idle to track Salah and dropped his mate Collins right in it.

1.20 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDNT...sPremierLeague

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)