+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: If not LR then who?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Talk of changing the manager is mad,Richardson must be given a chance, as much as I can't take to him.
    What worries me is lack of any passion or enthusiasm in interviews,is he like this with the players ?
    When you're in the sh*t you need leaders who can galvanise a squad and make them perform above themselves, can he do this ?
    And,where were the attacking players we needed in January, it does seem like he was/is resigned to us going down, which is worrying.
    I agree,LR must be given a chance in League 1.That would have been the major part of the remit at the interview stage in any case,if the truth were told. It's just that 16 games and nearly 3 months left of this crap seems like trying to swim the channel in treacle! Another factor for us is that having played in the Championship for 7 seasons out of the last 10,it's not a big deal anymore pitting our wits against all these huge names in the English game.The novelty has worn off but the weariness of losing never will. If we were Chessy atm,this board would be bouncing!

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    An ex player in the mcewan era told me the week after he had a right go at them in the dressing room when we won 4-0 at grinsby,never really got it at time.but get it now in a reverse psychology kind of way…

As warnock keeps saying 95% of football is in the head.

Excluding jackett as he wasn”t here long enough.but the others you mentioned had a style of play but would not change philosophy,they probably got told to stick with their principles on coaching courses which in some respects is a good trait but it wasn’t working and when it needed to be,Taylor did it at the end of the season after pushback form his staff Jon hilll In particular…then he left and Dan green was brought in MT wanted to play a certain way and we never have the players to do that at RUFC.
    As stated yesterday question Taylor and you are toast, I had forgotten about John Hill but that is another good example

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    I agree,LR must be given a chance in League 1.That would have been the major part of the remit at the interview stage in any case,if the truth were told. It's just that 16 games and nearly 3 months left of this crap seems like trying to swim the channel in treacle! Another factor for us is that having played in the Championship for 7 seasons out of the last 10,it's not a big deal anymore pitting our wits against all these huge names in the English game.The novelty has worn off but the weariness of losing never will. If we were Chessy atm,this board would be bouncing!
    TBF this was the point of 50% of this thread. If your sacking Taylor to bring in Richardson, we want to give Richardson the chance in league one. Why not stick with Taylor and build the squad for league 1. A lot of the players Taylor brought in were short term fix championship experience players but a lot of the players Taylor signed long term are ones to build a squad around. We move forward and hope Richardson has the nonce to make a squad and build on something Taylor tries to do in a division that won't allow small mistakes for a club our size..

My last post on Taylor as he's history and we move forward..
    he gets slated for dismantling what warne built. Barlaser, Ogbene and wiles were all offered contracts and turned us down. Who else did taylor get rid of from the sqaud warne built to make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoordays View Post
    right. Dose of reality…..picking out some points.

Anything away under taylor did indeed come before the wc. And it wasn’t his team, it was mainly still assembled.
    He was the one who extended all the sick notes, sent kioso off…who is better at rb than what mt played.

It is ts who did not do enough to keep warne, did nothing when mt ripped the club apart and lost the good culture.
    A free hand is all well and good, but it was obvious mt was a fish out of water.
    Sure, warne wasn’t perfect…but his team and players got the 22 pts in 11 games which was the reason we stayed up.

It took time for mt to do all the damage, which is why we only just made safety..…but longer and no, relegated.
    Look at bristol r results….7 losses in 8 games?
    It was ts and the board (such that it is) who didn’t do the right thing and let a proper manager who knows what he is doing rebuild in the summer….or keep the 3 that was sold… and so on, and slowly it gets worse.

Do not cite injuries to sick notes…..1 season too far we all knew it, we were never going to keep them fit, let alone avoid injuries.
    May i remind folk that mt had the training pitches ripped up, gym reorganised…medical staff sacked….

Are morrison and peltier fit? Energised?….because i don’t see any speed out of them, a snail has a faster 0-60….because at least a snail moves.
    Morrison in particular, watch him, cannot run, stands there like a statue.
    Can people not see?

Lr. If he cannot get this side to at least have a bit of go at home….he should walk in the summer.
    Continuity is all well and good and a settled side, but really, what is he trying to do?
    His tactics and plans, well, don’t cite the wigan promotion, it was down to cook.
    And who is the old geezer whispering in his ear? The man behind the throne?…..sorry, coach.

Money. Warne got us promotions (not the covid one) on far far less money and very nearly kept us up on far less. It’s not all about money, even if it does help.

We have so many problems and it is not just one major thing…..reality time.
    bang right 100pc

Could we have someone on the Millers-Mad-Forum to take charge.

Knattspyrnufelag Vesturbaejar football club in Iceland, have signed 27 year old Orri Thorisson, as new head coach of
    the 4th tier side, on a 1 year contract.
    Thing is Thorisson has spent over 13,700 hours on his laptop, playing football manager, with no football experience.
    His 1st game in charge is on the 4th May.

Nigel Clough.

Clough wouldn't come. He's the only person in football not motivated by money.
    I've seen enough tonight the think we'll be ok under LR next season.

LR is not the answer. Lee Bell could ring the right tune.

If TS wanted a young manager then we should have done a swap with Derby when they took Warne. Whether or not Rosenior could have worked with our players or brought in players to play the way Hull did, but they get the ball down and out wide enough to keep our fans happy.

Go and get Kari Arnason.

Make him DoF and pay him well.

Let him appoint a coach - intelligent ones- who are tactically astute

We are a dinosaur of a club and we need intelligence more than ever.

Our oompah-lumpah football is never going to cut it.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast