+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other results went for us today

Other results went for us today

Not that it is much consolation - but i think most of us would have expected Luton to win and open a gap.
    Other results could have been much worse - and i still believe we can catch luton!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leftnutsack View Post
    Not that it is much consolation - but i think most of us would have expected Luton to win and open a gap.
    Other results could have been much worse - and i still believe we can catch luton!!!!
    If we can catch luton BT will show Arrrse in burton's window, or at least i nominate him to so do.

I wsh I had your optimism lnf though I believe all is not lost yet. Two wins needed but from where.

Relegation unfortunately looks guaranteed under this present set up.
    We're playing in a average Premier league where plenty of opportunities exists for survival. Only if we have had played our cards right and not thrown all our eggs into one basket in our pursuit of youth, things could have been so much different.

Forest, Everton, Luton and Sheffield United all struggling and we aren't even putting up a fight

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Only if we have had played our cards right and not thrown all our eggs into one basket in our pursuit of youth, things could have been so much different.
    The pursuit of youth is the policy of the club's owners Mr Pace/ALK, which is why it would be pointless to sack Vinni, the next manager would have to carry on signing young players. If you want to change the policy, we need new owners, not a new manager.

If a team continually misses sitters and can't defend there is only one possible outcome = RELEGATION.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If a team continually misses sitters and can't defend there is only one possible outcome = RELEGATION.
    I agree BT. We are getting better, I believe, but it is too late. The strikers have to take their chances. At this level every chance counts. We should have scored at least two yesterday.

The defence has to be stable, work as a unit and get tighter/ be more aggressive. As you wrote the other day, the attitude has to be that the ball may go past, the player may go past, but not both of them. And stop fannying around playing out from the back all the time. Getting the ball in Row Z has its part to play at times.

Midfield needs more control of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I agree BT. We are getting better, I believe, but it is too late. The strikers have to take their chances. At this level every chance counts. We should have scored at least two yesterday.

The defence has to be stable, work as a unit and get tighter/ be more aggressive. As you wrote the other day, the attitude has to be that the ball may go past, the player may go past, but not both of them. And stop fannying around playing out from the back all the time. Getting the ball in Row Z has its part to play at times.

Midfield needs more control of the game.
    How can we be getting better when we ship in 3 goals in most games.

Kompany is our problem he is clueless in setting us up defensively, proving to us all he his not the man to take this club forward

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    How can we be getting better when we ship in 3 goals in most games.

Kompany is our problem he is clueless in setting us up defensively, proving to us all he his not the man to take this club forward
    When Mike Jackson was interim manager I thought he tightened things up quite well defensively.

I wonder what he actually does down at Gawthorpe?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    When Mike Jackson was interim manager I thought he tightened things up quite well defensively.

I wonder what he actually does down at Gawthorpe?
    I have a contact down at Barnfield and he often hears Vinnie singing my way in the showers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)