+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mad Hatters

Mad Hatters

I'm hoping, after the turgid display on Saturday, that the maxim, "we play better against better teams", holds up for Tuesday night. It'll be a sell-out crowd and 91% of that crowd will be yelling against us. The worry for me is that we've only managed one shot on target in each of our last two games. There needs to be a lot of attention paid to the midfield set-up so that some fluency can be generated back to front. We also need to set up to stop crosses coming in as well as HD in goals being up for stopping some long-range shooting as both of these feature in Stockport's armoury. We also need Tracey to up his game and not let Pye (if he's playing) have him in his pocket as per the home game. Finally, Rowe, if he plays, need to be more decisive as well as getting some shots off.
    Although I have bad feeling about the game (which is very local for me), I'm going for a draw. Not sure about the score.

Others items to think about- the ref for the game has issued 67 yellows and 4 reds in his 19 games this season. He has also given 14 penalties in those 19 games. So, obviously we have to get into their box as much as possible and do nothing too risky in our own.

Any kind of positive result tomorrow night and I really will start believing..

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Yeah, this game is a real test - but I reckon we will be okay. We are a lot more resilient these days ..

Heads up to all the Crewe fans in attendance tonight, sold-out away allocation (again!)

Going for a Crewe win 2-1

Goal-scorers Nev and Rio

Everyone optimistic???

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Everyone optimistic???
    Why not, just seen the starting XI.

Playing CBR and Nev in tandem again !!

Billo starts, along with Holicek and Austerfield

Stockport make a triple substitution at HT

Wowser what a result that is!!

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    What can I say, now I am a believer!!

Time to start to believe .....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast