+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Var

Var

We benefitted yesterday but I'm sick to the back teeth of it.

Over 7000 folk and both managers didn't know who they were checking pen for.

VAR has to be taken out completely or limited.

I'd say limit to offside at a goal, check pen when given.......not if not given and serious foul play.......thats it........and serious foul play and penalties only to be viewed at normal speed.....freeze frame I can accept for offside but pens and foul play ....no more next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

I'd say limit to offside at a goal, check pen when given.......not if not given and serious foul play.......thats it........and serious foul play and penalties only to be viewed at normal speed.....freeze frame I can accept for offside but pens and foul play ....no more next season.
    Shambolic to say the least.
    When it's working properly.

I knew the penalty was going to us because I saw it happen. The rest I agree with - total shambles and our poor referees are now depending on it.

Imagine the scenario where st j had scored on the break !!!!.

I'd assume if he then gives pen their "goal" wud then have to have been ruled out.

Or what if they break and it's a last man foul and off......it's then ruled out again as penalty wud supercede it.

You can see one almighty rammy coming........you can just feel it.

I'd assume if he then gives pen their "goal" wud then have to have been ruled out.

Or what if they break and it's a last man foul and off......it's then ruled out again as penalty wud supercede it.

Pretty sure there was a goal disallowed in an African Nations Cup semi last week and a penalty given by VAR at the other end. The ordering off possibility is an interesting one, how can someone be through with a goal scoring opportunity if the game should have been stopped - would be total confusion and our refs wouldn't have a clue what to do.

Happened in Nations Cup semi Portugal v Switzerland.

Penalty call for Swiss ignored, Portugal break and are awarded penalty. VAR looks at Swiss incident and awards penalty and cancels out Portuguese one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Pretty sure there was a goal disallowed in an African Nations Cup semi last week and a penalty given by VAR at the other end. The ordering off possibility is an interesting one, how can someone be through with a goal scoring opportunity if the game should have been stopped - would be total confusion and our refs wouldn't have a clue what to do.
    Ball is still in play so player would be off.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Ball is still in play so player would be off.
    But surely it would have to be overturned as in reality the play is pulled back for the penalty so anything after the penalty incident doesn't come into play.
    Unless it was violent conduct.

VAR is an utter shambles. When you combine it with an incompetent wee nyaff of a ref like Munro then shambles turns into chaos. I'd stand the little sh1te down for the rest of the season but the SFA and SPFL will close ranks and nothing will happen. Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Happened in Nations Cup semi Portugal v Switzerland.

Penalty call for Swiss ignored, Portugal break and are awarded penalty. VAR looks at Swiss incident and awards penalty and cancels out Portuguese one.

Good to know.

Here's my mental mind......st j score on break, they go mental, player then runs to crowd and is booked and already on yellow.....sent AFF.

Is that overturned if pen is then awarded to Dundee?

Ball ain't technically in play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)