+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Shrewsbury Town v Barnsley

That game showed up exactly where our weakness is.
    1. Right hand side of central defence where Williams should not be! Twice he actually got pulled over to the left back spot!!!!
    2. Not much off the bench, how Cosgrove the Dud missed the goal completely with that shot towards the end baffles me, tea lady would have put that in.
    Two points dropped there, but got to be happy with a point so late on!

Frustrating game. Another keeper, like on Saturday, pulling multiple excellent saves off against us.

Showed our fight coming from behind again though. I said earlier in this thread we need 4 points from these 2 away games so that must mean a win on Saturday!

Overall a good point considering their goalkeeper performance.
    A school boy miss from Cosgrove just about sums this lad up.
    Kept going so full marks to our lads again.

We kept plugging away and finally got the break because it just didn't look to be our night did it.

Credit to Shrewsbury who battled very hard and made it very difficult for us. They were obviously spurred on by their early goal.

The performance from us was impressive in patches. We moved the ball very well and drove forward at every opportunity. The lads put in a shift and tha couldn't fault em in general. Laik like that every game al be happy.

We take that late point and move on to Fleetwood where hopefully we'll get the win

Well done to lads tonight
    I thought we played ok tbh
    It took a Herculean effort from their centre halfs and their keeper as had a worldy too
    A goof show of character again
    A mention to Robert’s save wi 10 minutes to go
    Hammered from close in and he was down by his laces in a flash
    He’s helped us earn a point tonight

I would agree that we looked dominant after the first 20 minutes or so. Shrews kept hammering our right side and you generally had your heart in your mouth at times.

Their keeper pulled off some good saves as did Roberts to a lesser extent.

My overriding thought is how many clear cut goalscoring chances did we actually create? I cant remember many other than the Cosgrove one and the header from the second half corner. Most of their goalie saves seemed to be from shots from range or deflections.

Kane kept probing and we got the ball out into wide areas but the delivery was generally poor and was easily defended. I think we can do better in this department.

Got a point in the end, I thought it was a clear cut penalty. So not the outcome we wanted but not a catastrophe either.

Horrible - just horrible.
    I don’t know what we are watching here.
    Sideways passes along the back and then a big booit up field isn’t classed as football tactics in my book.

I know this isn’t gunna be popular but could I suggest we are grinding out results because of the quality of the players we have and the amount of effort the players are putting in.

But the players are running around frantically - there is no pattern, rhythm or style to their play.
    Its manic.
    The midfield is all over the place and as been all season - and the wingback don’t seem to know whether to go forward or drop back into defence, often they are just stood in no mans land.

Good example of this was our anchor midfielder Russell missing a chance from about 15 yards out.
    He was stood near Cole when he shot.
    Why is he playing alongside our strikers if he’s the anchor in midfield?

Another example was their goal - can someone explain why O'Keeffe was just a bystander - he looked lost as though he didn’t know what position he was playing.
    O’Keeffe is seen just trotting about neither helping out Williams or covering the centre in case their player manages to get a cross in.
    Clearly he doesn’t know his job.

Again we get a result - but it’s another game where it’s watched through the gaps between your fingers.
    Beyond frustrating.

The quality of our squad is better than this.

Next three away games are the last of the "we should be picking up wins there" type games and the run in then gets a little tougher---

Fleetwood A
    Wycombe A
    Carlisle A
    Portsmouth A
    Burton A
    Charlton A
    Stevenage A
    Blackpool A

Our away record has been remarkable this season and is a key reason we are in the Play Off Zone.

I watched the first half and to be honest other than the goal we gave away I thought we were very good .

The passing was crisp and sharp and we played through the lines very well .

Signs that the Collins Way is bearing fruit .

Unfortunately he'll have to start again in the summer when those key players leave for nowt and he's expected to get results on a shoestring .

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    Pines is currently playing for the under 21s against Sheff United. It’s on their YouTube channel if you fancy watching the first half before our game. Appears as if he’s getting eased in, which I don’t have a problem with.

Russell feels like a more natural replacement for Luca for me. He also had a very good game on our last Tuesday night game at Oxford. Admittedly followed by an awful game at home on the Saturday!
    I’ve just watched last night’s development 1-0 win over the Blunts, apart from 1 slack pass in the first few minutes, Pines was outstanding! He played the whole game and he dealt with everything that came his way! A man mountain/Brick wall of a defender, who also showed his pace a couple of times, he looks to be some player based on that performance on a horrible night in Chesterfield.
    Obviously he needs to show it in first team football, but judging him on that if he can do it in the first team, he won’t be with us long!
    Watters played and was as ineffective as he is in the first team, personally I don’t think he will be with us next season, he’s just not got the attributes needed in this league!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234