+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's happened to eaves

Let's be honest, all 4 of them are not good enough for this level, there's a bloke over in S6 who walk into our team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    My thoughts also, Nombe and a few others seem to avoid the physical side of the game and want to play the “ percentage” pass. All ending up with yet another anonymous performance.
    Yet despite that some people keep saying Nombe should be the lone striker if we're only going to playe one up front.
    For me, he's not the answer particularly if we're going to lump the ball forward from the goalkeeper because he's never going to win the headers, he doesn't even look as though he wants to.
    He'd probably be more effective playing off a mobile big centre forward. Unfortunately we don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    He's got a much better goals per minute ratio than Hugill this season.

Eaves: Played 345 minutes. Scored 2.
    Hugill: Played 1877 minutes. Scored 3.

Obviously we'll never know but I wonder how many Eaves would have if he'd played as often as Hugill has.
    Unless they've both scored into double figures that's just a pointless stat really. I think they're both poor signings by 2 poor managers at this level.

Because he hasn't played.

If your a striker and you aren't starting than your not good

Still the only forward to score since Richardson arrived.

Shocking......all of them. Slow, no movement and awareness of positioning to find space........this league shows them all up as very poor.

That's being polite...............................UTM.

Some people fell for his egg under hat interview on radio,but even so he hasn’t backed that interview up…worst striker here since Stewart Evans..!..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Some people fell for his egg under hat interview on radio,but even so he hasn’t backed that interview up…worst striker here since Stewart Evans..!..
    That’s very harsh and undeserved

For Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That’s very harsh and undeserved

For Evans
    For once I agree with you Grist. Bobby Williamson profited handsomely from his partnership with SE, the only person who seems to be profiting from a partnership with TE is probably working in a hair salon.

When Hugill and Eaves replaced Wyke and Nombe, I questioned the point in living any more! Hugill with Nombe possibly but I could have picked several people out of the North Stand who would be more effective than TE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast