+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - Tottenham

Prediction League - Tottenham

Wolves head to London to try and get six points off the Spurs this season. The first matchup from this season is probably one of my favorite Wolves games of all time. A game we deserved at least a point from but saw ourselves down 0-1 because we just couldn't get the ball in the net. Then a fantastic goal from Sarabia and I think everybody would have been happy to at least get that point late. But Wolves had 3 points on their mind and Lemina scores the second goal in stoppage time and everybody went nuts. Unfortunately, it looks like Cunha will be out for a couple weeks. Lucky it's not longer but we're pretty thin up front so I imagine Hwang will get back into the starting XI and Fraser will be the first attacker off the bench. Not expecting points from this one due to injuries and playing in London.

Tottenham 2-1 Wolves

Hwang

Spurs 2-2 Wolves (Neto)

Tottenham 2-1 Wolves

Mario Lemina

Spurs will be looking to even the score for the season after our late smash and grab at home.
    Spurs 2
    Wolves1
    Neto

Spurs 3 - Wolves 1 (Neto)

Spurs 1 Wolves 1 Dawson

Another solid performance.

Gomes and Toti were excellent I thought.

Regarding Joao Gomes, Ruben who?

From our predictions, it is clear few thought we would leave London with anything but a loss. I watched the game with my Spurs supporting Son in Law on his feed. Very satisfying, I suggested he threw his chips in, and started to support a proper TEAM.

Team being the appropriate word. We certainly looked one in the magnificent Tottenham Stadium. It must have been a real treat for all the S Korean fans in the stadium, to see both their idols on the same turf. However, Son never had any influence thanks to the impressive Semedo. While the normally calm Hwang, missed a wonderful opportunity to put us in front early on.

In an entertaining first half Wolves had more than their fair share of the play and restricted the home side to one attempt on goal. The second of two corners, that came in quick succession, saw one of the smallest players on the pitch rise unmarked to direct a perfect header into the top of the net. Gomez and Lemina had taken control of the midfield with their Jack Russel tactics, both snapping into tackles with venom.

A poor start to the second half let Spurs back into the game and they surged forward trying for a lead. Their high line played into Wolves hands and pace ruled the day. Sarabia had a great chance to restore the lead before a brilliant break, started by the diminutive Gomez and a brilliant gut bursting run from Neto, saw the former side foot a superb second. His two goals, the first since away at Southampton in September 23, were met with riotous applause from the travelling support.

Spurs huffed and puffed, played some intricate football but Sa kept the score down with a great save from their goal scorer. As the clock ticked towards the last quarter the home side made several changes but to no avail. Bellegarde had a chance to make the game safe but delayed his shot and Doherty hit the side netting close to the final whistle. Wolves being Wolves almost let the Londoners back in when Davis guided a clear header wide.

The full time whistle went and the Wolves players and coaching staff celebrated in front of the adoring fans. Neto threw his shirt into the fans, displaying a ribbed body that showed a lot of hard work in the gym. With such a great team display it is difficult to single out any individuals but Ait Nouri deserves a mention. This player struggled to last sixty minutes, and under our previous manager had no place in the team. His close control and trickery is a pleasure to watch and ninety plus minutes appear no problem now.

The match next Sunday lunch time against Sheffield United, may prove to be our toughest fixture of the season.

Another excellent write-up George and I agree with you about Sheffield United.

I have to agree with Wokes...great write-up. Abbo'. As for Sheffield Utd, I'm optomistic. While I don't imagine it'll be easy, if our lads play with the commitment they've shown for most of the season I think we'll blunt the blades and move further up the ladder. Anyway, here's hoping.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)