+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Newport County 13.02.24 [EFL L2]

Happy with that, I follow says 3-4-2-1, but I suspect it’s a 4-2-3-1 also. Happy with that and bench does look stronger.

The shape will hinge on Macari's position. It'll be interesting to see. Unlike other posters I hope they play what they've been working on for 2 or 3 years, and get better performances from players in those roles.

Yes, Nemane certainly earned his role tonight. Fans and any head coach have the right to see performances not dip below an acceptable level, and certainly not for consecutive games.

Curious about TAR, who's missing from the bench. Injured? Not training as well as others? Or just tactical? It's looking like he only has 3.5 months left as a Notts player.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 13-02-2024 at 07:18 PM.

I’d quite like to see a 4-2-3-1 and especially how Jones plays further forward with fewer defensive duties….not that he hasn’t been playing well already.

Think I’d prefer Macca playing behind Didzy actually, but hey-ho. I’m glad the manager has changed it up at least a little bit, I was concerned that he hadn’t already.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    You’re starting to swear like ECU! Not fitting for a BJ boy (from 1 to another).
    I can assure you, I'm not looking to offend anyone. However, I do feel I can only register the depth of my feeling by using expletives. It really isn't sufficient to to say he'd dreadful, I do wish he'd stop falling to the floor like a pathetic namby pamby buffoon. Though I await further rebuke from those sanctimonius blinkered clowns on here who condone his embarrassing antics.
    I will attempt to moderate my language.

Bracegirdle suggesting it’s a 3 at the back, though I’d expect Macari to be deeper than Nemane so we can quickly get more behind the ball and challenging when out of possession.

Well, time to crank up the game and hope for a better result than recently. COYPs!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    I can assure you, I'm not looking to offend anyone. However, I do feel I can only register the depth of my feeling by using expletives. It really isn't sufficient to to say he'd dreadful, I do wish he'd stop falling to the floor like a pathetic namby pamby buffoon. Though I await further rebuke from those sanctimonius blinkered clowns on here who condone his embarrassing antics.
    I will attempt to moderate my language.
    Not at all offended and understand the sentiment, although surprised by the language as it’s not like you? I wouldn’t say I’m a blinkered clown but certainly I’m not as critical as some are regarding Cameron. The problems recently are less individual issues and more a team problem.

Ready on I follow, you're always ahead of me so see you at half and full time ha ha! Don't know how I feel about tonight, could do either way. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    The shape will hinge on Macari's position. It'll be interesting to see. Unlike other posters I hope they play what they've been working on for 2 or 3 years, and get better performances from players in those roles.
    I've got nothing against playing a back three, but the problem is we've not got genuine wing-backs. As you pointed out last season, Brindley and Chicksen lacked enough attacking ability to be genuine wing-backs, while Jones and Nemane are too weak defensively. It's difficult to find players at this level who are so good all round. Anyone with that level of skill tends to find their way to the higher levels because they're at a premium. We got away with playing wingers as wing backs last season because we had better players than most teams all over the park, but this season when we haven't had it all our own way we've looked hopelessly exposed in wide areas. I think we've effectively already tried the "just play your role better" option and it hasn't happened consistently.
    Last edited by jackal2; 13-02-2024 at 07:46 PM.

Looking forward to seeing Ashby Hammond. Or am I, not sure about that actually ha ha.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast