+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager leaving

Next manager leaving

Roy Hodgson favourite, 1/3, Pochettino next, 5/1-8/1, then David Moyes, 7/1-10/1. Vinni is 4th favourite, 12/1-16/1. At those odds it looks like the bookies have no inkling that he's going to be leaving any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Roy Hodgson favourite, 1/3, Pochettino next, 5/1-8/1, then David Moyes, 7/1-10/1. Vinni is 4th favourite, 12/1-16/1. At those odds it looks like the bookies have no inkling that he's going to be leaving any time soon.
    I don't think there is a cat in hell's chance of ALK disposing of VK.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I don't think there is a cat in hell's chance of ALK disposing of VK.
    On this we are in agreement, it won't be discussed in Board meetings, they won't even be thinking about it. There is no threat to Vinni's job whatsoever.

Totally agree.
    A new manager comes in and the Board talk about a five year plan being put into operation.
    Manager takes over a relegated team, signs a number of players and takes other on loan, wins promotion in the first season playing some exciting football which the fans rave about. Board are happy because this means more income for the club from the PL plus the season tickets sell out and there is a waiting list.
    First season promoted, manager (or whoever) buys some new players, is plagued by injuries and other problems but continues to try to play attractive football much to the annoyance of many of those same fans who were raving about the attractive football played whilst winning the Championship and who now want the manager sacked.
    Chances are that, two seasons into the plan we will be back were we started ----in the Championship, however, we wil have some young players who have played at the top level of English football and who will, hopefully, have learned from that. The only question is just how we will progress from then?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Totally agree.
    A new manager comes in and the Board talk about a five year plan being put into operation.
    Manager takes over a relegated team, signs a number of players and takes other on loan, wins promotion in the first season playing some exciting football which the fans rave about. Board are happy because this means more income for the club from the PL plus the season tickets sell out and there is a waiting list.
    First season promoted, manager (or whoever) buys some new players, is plagued by injuries and other problems but continues to try to play attractive football much to the annoyance of many of those same fans who were raving about the attractive football played whilst winning the Championship and who now want the manager sacked.
    Chances are that, two seasons into the plan we will be back were we started ----in the Championship, however, we wil have some young players who have played at the top level of English football and who will, hopefully, have learned from that. The only question is just how we will progress from then?
    Totally agree with that Sub.
    My only question would be of the team that won the Championship, have we improved them so we can sell for a profit now that the no longer feature ? We have loaned out quite a few but not sold many.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    My only question would be of the team that won the Championship, have we improved them so we can sell for a profit now that the no longer feature ? We have loaned out quite a few but not sold many.
    Natural wastage will come into this with Charlie Taylor, Jack Cork, Jay Rodrigues and Dara Costelloe all out of contract this summer.
    In addition Johann Berg Gudmundsson, Bailey Peacock-Farrell and Josh Brownhill all have 1 year options on their contracts this season.
    All the above will be the bigger earners as far as the club is concerned so will more than likely move on.

In addition the following players who are on loan to us will end their loan period:- Lorenz Assignon. David Datro Fofana, Mike Tresor, Maxim Esteve and Jacob Bruun Larssen.

That is a total of 12 players who could well not be here next season so who knows what is next?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I put a list up a couple of weeks ago VC of Vinni's first tranche of signings, there was very little, if any, profit to made on them. Last summer's are more promising, Kaleosho, providing he makes a full recovery, and Odobert could go for decent money, while Foster, Trafford, Ramsey and Amdouni still have plenty of potential value.

Despite all the angst, disappointment and sometimes despair I do not want us to become a sacking club. I think to maintain credibility and integrity we should continue with VK it is in these difficult time that VK needs our support more than ever. He is not deliberately setting out to hurt our club, he is doing whatever is his best and when we come through this lengthy bad run of form he will become a better manager if he is given the time and support.

Totally agree Ashy,the thing we did wrong was being promoted last season,it took everyone by surprise. I'm quite prepared to being relegated now and give Vinny another chance at getting us promoted..I'm sure he will then have the nous to understand what is needed to stay in the Premier league after his learning curve this season..UTC...KTF

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Despite all the angst, disappointment and sometimes despair I do not want us to become a sacking club. I think to maintain credibility and integrity we should continue with VK it is in these difficult time that VK needs our support more than ever. He is not deliberately setting out to hurt our club, he is doing whatever is his best and when we come through this lengthy bad run of form he will become a better manager if he is given the time and support.
    Well said lanky, if we storm the Championship again he should do a lot better in the Prem next time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)