+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season in 2024

Season in 2024

League form deserves an A+.

If we win against Plymouth at the weekend that will be 8 wins out of 8 games and generally playing some very good stuff.

We seem to have a record number of points at this stage of a championship season and seem to be getting stronger at the right time of the season when you need to kick on.

My one negative about Farke not making subs early seems to be changing a bit too and Joffy, Joseph and Cresswell have all had game time over the last few games.

Given what he inherited not sure he could have realistically done much more.

We seem to have added a bit of variety to our attack too - wit) Ampadu at the back we seem to hit decent balls over the top when teams try t)3 high press.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    League form deserves an A+.

If we win against Plymouth at the weekend that will be 8 wins out of 8 games and generally playing some very good stuff.

We seem to have a record number of points at this stage of a championship season and seem to be getting stronger at the right time of the season when you need to kick on.

My one negative about Farke not making subs early seems to be changing a bit too and Joffy, Joseph and Cresswell have all had game time over the last few games.

Given what he inherited not sure he could have realistically done much more.

We seem to have added a bit of variety to our attack too - wit) Ampadu at the back we seem to hit decent balls over the top when teams try t)3 high press.
    In case anyone was wondering, the Leeds record of number of League wins in a row is 9. Set in 1931. Before my time. In my lifetime, Leeds have had 7 wins in a row 3 times. Once with Revie in 1973, once with Wise in League 1, once with Bielsa and now with Farke. Never seen 8 wins in a row in my lifetime. I hope this is it.

That should be 4 times.

Great manager, great squad, usual fantastic fans, great season and one which I still think will end in promotion. What a difference to 2022-23 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Great manager, great squad, usual fantastic fans, great season and one which I still think will end in promotion. What a difference to 2022-23 ��
    You mean you enjoy playing good, well coached football with committed players in the championship to getting our butts whooped with spineless players fine with embarrassing the badge in the prem?

We have three players in the top 10 scorers chart (James, Piroe and Summerville) and 3 for assists (Rutter, Summerville and James)

We have some good quality players for sure but the wizardry DF had achieved (imo) is in the making of a ‘team’ not a easy task for any manager but in his short time here is in my old mind amazing. We have at the present a brilliant (again imo) team. We can only get better.
    The Jan window folk were getting restless! Things football teams wise take time. It’s amazing how far we have come in just a few short months. The course is set….

Had Farke had a proper pre-season we would be definitely be vying with Leicester for the number 1 spot.

Agree with george , just look at what we have done this last few months , amazing indeed

Not sure we have a player on the squad that isn't proud to wear the shirt.

I looked at our subs bench last week and nearly mistook it for the first team, all the players could come in and do a decent job, they all want to play, farke has moulded team spirit which is brilliant, shame that the first five or six games he struggled to get much of a team out otherwise we would indeed be close to Leicester.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)