+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Macari Interview

Macari Interview

I love that lad! What a fun , honest and refreshing interview. No sound bites, no clichés , just a young man happy and excited to be playing for us. He had a fabulous game and yes Jodi gets all the plaudits but often to defenders eyes were taken off Jodi as Lewis got behind them with overlaps on many occasions. Long may his enthusiasm and energy for the game continue.

His infectious enthusiasm must also be good to have in the dressing room I imagine. Just a good lad appreciating how lucky he is to be playing footie for a living.

His energy was great getting down the wing often dragging another defender away from Jodi, it worked really well.

His reaction to Bracegirdle's "coupon buster" comment was just wonderful, obviously didn't have a clue what he was on about!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    His energy was great getting down the wing often dragging another defender away from Jodi, it worked really well.
    Definitely. Although Jodi didn't always use him, having those overlaps made it so difficult for Newport's defenders, allowing Jodi to cut inside more effectively. Plus, Macari is a defender first and foremost - I like that after the last few months!

Seems a cracking young lad. Glad he signed permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    His reaction to Bracegirdle's "coupon buster" comment was just wonderful, obviously didn't have a clue what he was on about!
    Think most people under 50 would have no idea. Bracegirdle really isn't a football comentator though, he's painful to listen to!!

"must have bust a few coupons" - I guess only betting folk would use the term and not one I've come across though I'd sort of worked it out. Good of Bracegirdle to totally rephrase the comment.

Do we know what Macari's issues were? Hope it's all sorted. It seems that the formation allowed Jodi to be more adventurous knowing there was cover rather than fearing what would happen if he lost the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    "must have bust a few coupons" - I guess only betting folk would use the term and not one I've come across though I'd sort of worked it out. Good of Bracegirdle to totally rephrase the comment.

Do we know what Macari's issues were? Hope it's all sorted. It seems that the formation allowed Jodi to be more adventurous knowing there was cover rather than fearing what would happen if he lost the ball.
    Coupons were old small time football betting papers, I remember my dad doing them now and again. With Macrai behind Jodi was didn't have to think about his defencive duties as much and could just roam more, worked a treat.

and neither did I! I think it just sums Bracegirdle up, an absolute dinosaur. Can't stand to hear his voice and just wish Adam Hassel would be on more. Of course, the dream would be for Charlie to come back....

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    and neither did I! I think it just sums Bracegirdle up, an absolute dinosaur. Can't stand to hear his voice and just wish Adam Hassel would be on more. Of course, the dream would be for Charlie to come back....
    I quite like Bracegirdle. He's not your typical cookie-cutter commentator, and like Uncle Colin, he has his own quirks. Not in the same league as either of the Slaters, of course, but then nobody is.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast