+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Macari Interview

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I quite like Bracegirdle. He's not your typical cookie-cutter commentator, and like Uncle Colin, he has his own quirks. Not in the same league as either of the Slaters, of course, but then nobody is.
    He's awful. Cuts across Stall, boring storyteller and you can absolutely tell he's a cricket commentator.

Bet the players dread him turning up and boring the arse off them.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I quite like Bracegirdle. He's not your typical cookie-cutter commentator, and like Uncle Colin, he has his own quirks. Not in the same league as either of the Slaters, of course, but then nobody is.
    He comes across as a nice guy, very authentic and agree in terms of style he’s much closer to Colin than Charlie Slater. Charlie was always going to be a hard act to follow as he was ‘above’ the level; compare the quality of and what was extracted from some of the post-match interviews from last season to this. The ‘coupon buster’ seemed an example of filler when effectively he didn’t know what to ask.

But I think Bracegirdle’s about par level for BBC local radio, though he is blessed in having Stallard alongside him to mask his lack of football knowledge. It was a bit painful after the Gillingham game when he asked Maynard if he’d ever consider switching to a back four in-future, when he’d just done that for the last 20 mins of that match!

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    He's awful. Cuts across Stall, boring storyteller and you can absolutely tell he's a cricket commentator.

Bet the players dread him turning up and boring the arse off them.
    I think we've been spoiled by Colin and Charlie to the point where we don't know what an average-to-good commentator sounds like. He's not great, but he's not awful.

I don't mind Bracegirdle, I warmed to him the moment he managed to get the name Kendo Nagasaki into a Notts commentary. The BBC could do a lot worse than him.
    I expect Hasselll will takeover at some point but ideally you need to be at least around 29/30 before you can cut it as a commentator, you need an air of authority and to be confident in calling out poor performances/officiating, it never sounds quite right when they're younger than most of the players on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I don't mind Bracegirdle, I warmed to him the moment he managed to get the name Kendo Nagasaki into a Notts commentary. The BBC could do a lot worse than him.
    I expect Hasselll will takeover at some point but ideally you need to be at least around 29/30 before you can cut it as a commentator, you need an air of authority and to be confident in calling out poor performances/officiating, it never sounds quite right when they're younger than most of the players on the pitch.
    Exactly, he's quirky, and we've always had that type of commentator. Colin Slater was the ultimate quicky commentator with his distinctive voice and way of saying things. Charlie Slater was much more polished, but his sense of humour and fun was a joy, especially alongside Stall. Bracegirdle isn't in their league, but he's at least fairly unique. It could definitely be worse. I don't really want to name names as it seems mean, but some of the commentators on Radio Nottingham are pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Which interview was that?! I had to google the name I assumed it was some random opposition player and was quite surprised by the history.
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 15-02-2024 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Missed the d

... so we have a temporary halt in criticising players, management. Oh look, let's have a go at commentators ...

[QUOTE=Old_pie;40449739]"must have bust a few coupons" - I guess only betting folk would use the term and not one I've come across though I'd sort of worked it out. Good of Bracegirdle to totally rephrase the comment.

I may be wrong, but I believe that the football pools run by the likes of Littlewoods and Vernons were known as coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... so we have a temporary halt in criticising players, management. Oh look, let's have a go at commentators ...
    We could have much worse ie the 2 clowns who commentate for the stags.
    They must be the most biased and lacking in football knowledge I’ve ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    We could have much worse ie the 2 clowns who commentate for the stags.
    They must be the most biased and lacking in football knowledge I’ve ever heard.
    Sounds just like their fan base then

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast