+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibernian

Fk top 6 that ain't happening.

Get wired in about the Copa

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    That's us five points off the top six with no games in hand and eight to.play before the split.
    and a much worse goal difference as well. That's us taken 5 points out of 21 since the break - truly abysmal. Kilmarnock and St Mirren away up shortly. We are finishing in the bottom six I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Just back.

Should have won that. We looked decent in spells and players mostly looked comfortable. Still not convinced with Roos. No way Doojan can be that bad.

I thought we lost our momentum after we made the two subs. Not sure exactly what Phillips is meant to bring to the team.

Referee was very poor today, even by Scottish standards.
    Karma for David Marshall after his foul on Miovski, pr1ck.

Everytime there is a decent crowd at Pittodrie for a non cheeks game, you can guarantee we don't win without fail.

I thought McKenzie played well today, although I expect to be told he was shyte.

Forget Europe, it will be a struggle to get top six and honestly can't see us winning the cup.
    I’m 100% convinced by Roos. Hes shyte and a complete liability.

MacKenzie did fine today. Had a decent game.

Agree re Phillips. Not sure what the point is with him. We were told he was bought in as a Ramadani type replacement, but he’s not remotely the same player and plays way higher up the park?

I tell you what, I don’t think the recruitment lot know what they are doing…

It wasn’t that long ago I was told that we have a good squad and a proper manager would get a tune out of these players

I wouldn’t say our defence was great last season but every defender we signed in the summer has been abysmal.

Looks like another 10-12 players needed in the summer for the 4th summer in a row.Get the new manager in now so he can work on the players he wants for next season.

Yeah - Gartenmann, Jensen & Rubizic are an enormous downgrade on Scales & Pollock.

We really miss McCrorie too. That gets overlooked a lot.

10 odd signings needed again, but we don’t have the same numbers on loan or out of contract this year which is a worry.

Depressing that in 4 years we’ve pretty much just stood still - at best…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    6 wins in 25 games. In that league. It’s almost beyond belief we can actually be that bad.

1 point from 9 - against Hibs ffs.

Its just not good enough. Pathetic in fact.

We’ve played worse, but the stupid mistakes happen every game and they just kill us.

Devlin can just GTF with that. Absolutely amateur stuff. Inexcusable.

I canna see us finishing top 6 if I’m honest, & the table doesn’t lie.

This season has been utterly horrific.
    It was very similar to the goal we concede when Hibs were last up here, ball going out, defender(s) assume and switch off, whilst the Hibs player doesn't stop. Devlin hasn't really been at it these last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It wasn’t that long ago I was told that we have a good squad and a proper manager would get a tune out of these players

I wouldn’t say our defence was great last season but every defender we signed in the summer has been abysmal.

Looks like another 10-12 players needed in the summer for the 4th summer in a row.Get the new manager in now so he can work on the players he wants for next season.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you were prepared to give Robson months, even when things were looking bleak, to turn things around and get a tune out of these players but a manager with over 1600 games doesn't even get a month before you've written off his ability to get the best out of certain players?

Outwith Roos and the central defence then I can't really grumble too much with the squad we've got.

McKenzie is looking better with each game recently.
    Devlin (minus the odd brain fart moment) has shown he is more than capable.
    Clarkson needs to stop attempting Hollywood passes and be played in the correct position but ultimately there's a player there.
    McGrath is the most composed on the ball we have and is far better than I expected when he signed.
    Barron is more hit than miss every game and we should be building around him.
    Shinnie for me is past his best and I'd drop but still a very decent member of any squad out with the gruesome twosome.
    Duk since Warnock came in has improved massively, needs to cut out the daft dives but can be a game changer on his day.
    Miovski is the best finisher we've had since Shearer and best all round forward since even before then.

MacDonald should be starting for me, easily the best central defender we have.
    Doohan is an unknown quantity but should certainly be given game time and think he will start the next game.
    Polvara is much like Barron and we should be integrating him into the team more and looking to build with him in the first 11.
    Hayes shouldn't be anywhere near the squad for me, thanks for the memories but time is well and truly up.
    Sokler in flashes has looked really good, another player that needs a run but with Miovski in his position then no chance of that.
    Duncan I'm on the fence with, very possibly another youngster that'll do what Campbell/McClennan have had to do.
    Philips hasn't shown me anything as of yet to warrant being a starter
    Hoilett hopefully will get a lot more game time in the next match, first minutes on the park and great cross delivered.
    Milne is another that we have great hopes for, perhaps before too long we'll see more of him if we've nothing left to play for this season.
    Morris is hopeless, I have my fingers crossed that we never see him on the pitch again.
    Gueye looks abysmal but too small a sample size for me just now, maybe just maybe he'll be worth retaining but very dubious for now.
    McGarry as back up to McKenzie is fine with me, maybe playing in a four will be just what he needs to show what he can do.

So yeah it's not the greatest squad we've ever had but it's nowhere near the worst either. This is a piss poor league we're in this year and once Warnock gets the central defence sorted out we'll be fine. We played some great attacking football today and the schoolboy errors at the back are what cost us.

Once Warnock gets the defence sorted out we will be fine

He’s quickly running out of time to do that we are 5 points off 6th place with Kilmarnock away next Saturday it’s unlikely we will get anything from that.

The Warnock appointment was a vanity project by Cormack. I can’t blame Warnock for taking the job as managing in Scotland was on his bucket list but all we have done is kick the can down the road.

We are going to get to the summer and appoint a manager who is going to want to access the squad before he makes decisions on who he wants and doesn’t want meaning that this ****show is going to continue into next season,without Miovski.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Once Warnock gets the defence sorted out we will be fine

He’s quickly running out of time to do that we are 5 points off 6th place with Kilmarnock away next Saturday it’s unlikely we will get anything from that.

The Warnock appointment was a vanity project by Cormack. I can’t blame Warnock for taking the job as managing in Scotland was on his bucket list but all we have done is kick the can down the road.

We are going to get to the summer and appoint a manager who is going to want to access the squad before he makes decisions on who he wants and doesn’t want meaning that this ****show is going to continue into next season,without Miovski.
    Did Dave not come out and have April in mind for a managerial announcement? If that's the case then it gives the summer incoming manager time to observe the squad and assess who they want to keep and who is out the door. That's fine for me if I'm honest as their fingerprints won't be on this season and it'll be a fresh start come the end of the season.

5 points off 6th place and 8 games to play before the split when we have to play the teams around us? I'd take that considering how we were with Robson in charge and no Sevco/Celtic/Hearts/Hibs/Motherwell to play.

Laugh as much as you want but you'd probably still have Robson in charge whereas people like myself were screaming for change a loooooong time ago. How did that sitting and waiting approach work out eh?

The Warnock appointment is a means to an end and I fully expect it'll get the results we all hope for, heck if we we beat Killie at home in the cup then we're Hampden bound again, can't grumble about that.

Did you watch the match today? Apart from the 2 defensive errors then we were very rarely troubled and we had the best chances so I'm not overly concerned. If that was a Robson match then we'd have played terribly, lost and had Robson rambling on about fatigue etc etc. I know which one I prefer, what's your preference out of the 2 scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Just back.

Should have won that. We looked decent in spells and players mostly looked comfortable. Still not convinced with Roos. No way Doojan can be that bad.

I thought we lost our momentum after we made the two subs. Not sure exactly what Phillips is meant to bring to the team.

Referee was very poor today, even by Scottish standards.
    Karma for David Marshall after his foul on Miovski, pr1ck.

Everytime there is a decent crowd at Pittodrie for a non cheeks game, you can guarantee we don't win without fail.

I thought McKenzie played well today, although I expect to be told he was shyte.

Forget Europe, it will be a struggle to get top six and honestly can't see us winning the cup.
    I thought McKenzie was our MOTM, developing into a real good player.
    Refereeing was totally weird today...waved advantage at one point when we'd won the ball then gave Hibs a free-kick...booked their player for taking too long for a shy and then when we won the ball back said the shy had to be taken again (as a former amateur ref the obvious easy option was to let the Hibs player take the shy and the pull him up for a foul-shy) And why do refs. tell keepers to get a move on numerous times with their kicks and then finally book them in the last minute of the game?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast