+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Stevenage

Matchday Thread: Rams v Stevenage

Are we on a roll? Despite last weeks debacle we are starting to put a bit of a run together and some of the less convincing of the summer signings appear to be finding their way.

Me? 2-0 Derby, NML with another belter and JC

2-1 win as I'll be there. NML and Cashin for us.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    2-1 win as I'll be there. NML and Cashin for us.
    MA…what’s your record this season? It hasn’t seemed so good. Hoping you have a great weekend and celebrate an important win.
    Fearing an ‘after the Lord Mayor’s show’ of an afternoon against a hard fighting Stevenage side with a flea in their ear from Mr. Nasty, aka Steve Evans. 1-2.

Due a stonker at home 5-1 Derby

I feel more confident when we are away from home, I guess because we seem to be better at playing on the break than when we are expected to make the running.

1-1 disappointment per head, 3-1 win per heart

We do seem to struggle to break down teams at home, or perhaps teams are boosted by playing at pride park and out perform their overall ability?

Either way I can foresee another 1-1 draw.

Or just possibly visitors to PP feel the crowd's lack of confidence and frustration that inferior teams are not being overwhelmed and turn it to their own advantage? Hearing rA calling to sack the manager boosts them? ☺️☺️. Only kidding rA but the resident Benjamin the donkey may not help....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Or just possibly visitors to PP feel the crowd's lack of confidence and frustration that inferior teams are not being overwhelmed and turn it to their own advantage? Hearing rA calling to sack the manager boosts them? ☺️☺️. Only kidding rA but the resident Benjamin the donkey may not help....
    Lol…ah, but Benjamin was wise and right, GP.

Just for clarification…I do have doubts and I’m far from the only one - even on here - and, imo, they are well founded. However I never voice them at PP, that’s what a forum is for. I don’t understand the point of attending matches to be vociferously negative and the last/only Derby player I booed was Claude Davis…for complete lack of effort.

P.S. Anyway, the RL season has started and you know what that means.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-02-2024 at 08:17 PM.

Eddie Waring is back on TV to debate a Batley oop n under against 'Unslet?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol…ah, but Benjamin was wise and right, GP.

Just for clarification…I do have doubts and I’m far from the only one - even on here - and, imo, they are well founded. However I never voice them at PP, that’s what a forum is for. I don’t understand the point of attending matches to be vociferously negative and the last/only Derby player I booed was Claude Davis…for complete lack of effort.

P.S. Anyway, the RL season has started and you know what that means.

You don't say!!! Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but given the facts one could perhaps be forgiven for thinking your expectations exceed the reality of the situation Derby are in which leads you to think your doubts are well founded.

But then I guess you know that some other manager would do better given the "financial strait jacket" Warne is operating within?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)