+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last year's loans.

Last year's loans.

Matt Wiiliams on Radio Lancs last was asked about them.

He said we wanted to sign Maatsen, he wanted to return, but Chelsea wanted to keep hold of him and let Poch have a look at him. At the end of the window they were prepared to let him go, we'd agreed a fee, which was nowhere near the reported £30 million, but Maatsen had changed his mind and refused to sign for us.

We wanted to sign Tella and put several offers in but we weren't prepared to meet their valuation of the player.

We wanted to sign THB, but City wanted more for him than we were prepared to pay.

All I know is we would be a better outfit with those three in rather than without them.

That was a really good team we had last year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    All I know is we would be a better outfit with those three in rather than without them.

That was a really good team we had last year.
    It was a good team but it just shows how little we know on this side of the pitch - so we tried and failed to get the three we wanted but ended up having to look elsewhere.

If we’d got Tella might not have signed odebert so like for like I reckon tbh , the other two are different as I believe Taylor does a decent job usually not much help for him tbh.

But centre backs is different as we’ve struggled there all season - right from first game so Harwood bellis would have been a better buy for us I think - though he’s also in proven at premiership level.

Nobody mentioned Beyer and what a disappointment he has turned out to be.
    A good footballer but never a central defender, and unfortunately injury prone

injury prone seems to be a desirable characteristic our scouts seek out.

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Nobody mentioned Beyer and what a disappointment he has turned out to be.
    A good footballer but never a central defender, and unfortunately injury prone
    I think Beyer will still come good , he needed a Ben Mee type at the side of him and to be injury free- be interesting to see if offers come for him.

Imo he’s a class act whos had a difficult year this year with injury and no experience along side him.

I still have faith in Beyer to step up again

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think Beyer will still come good , he needed a Ben Mee type at the side of him and to be injury free- be interesting to see if offers come for him.

Imo he’s a class act whos had a difficult year this year with injury and no experience along side him.

I still have faith in Beyer to step up again
    I think he might have to do a bit of bench warming, I reckon O'Shea and Esteve will take some shifting, barring injury of course.

I have not seen Esteve yet, my son has and he's not impressed, but it's early days and the lad needs to settle.

What's up with "Robbie Blake" Beyer again?

You have to wonder what the valuation gaps were with THB and Tella.

Quote Originally Posted by Turf_Forever View Post
    You have to wonder what the valuation gaps were with THB and Tella.
    He didn't give any figures, but he said we could possibly have got Tella, but we'd have been paying well over our valuation and weren't prepared to do it. On THB it sounded like he was priced way out of our league and we didn't even go there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)