+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Asleep again!?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Gave Ipswich their first goal and then today with poor marking. Exactly the same thing!
    To be fair Furlong has improved but will always be found out against the better teams in this league, both full backs need replacing

I’d have taken a point before kick off, we are not looking at automatic promotion, we merely need to secure 5th or 6th spot.

I said that leaving Fellows out was an error, I scratch my head with Carlos selections at times.

This needs shaking up and the youngster on the pitch for the whole of the second half, I’d suggest we start to look to some longer balls as well.

Very clear penalty, and then the player clears off the line from the corner. Furlong and Johnston playing really well and both look like they want the ball. Need all of them to follow suit.

Referee totally out of his depth, shocking first half

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Very clear penalty, and then the player clears off the line from the corner. Furlong and Johnston playing really well and both look like they want the ball. Need all of them to follow suit.

But Furlong was in man’s land with their goal just like the Ipswich goal! He’s poor and found out against quality teams. Asante too who I like has no killer instinct!

I agree Johnston doing well and like him.

Good change with Fellows on and Asante off

Asante has played a couple of nice touches and can cause defences issues but whilst it can be argued that he too often fails to get the service he needs there is no way around the fact that he isn't clinical enough in front of goal. As you said earlier, given his yellow card, can see Weimann coming on second half, hopefully alongside Fellows.

Marshall coming on? Expected Weimann tbh but let's see what he can do as heard good things about him. Certainly in need of a target man as Johnston creating opportunities here

Strange subs - Marshall, Grady and Reach for Swift, Wallace and Johnston …. severely weakens us …. Very odd

Don't get taking off Johnston at all and can't see Diangana doing better, though hopefully will be proved wrong!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)