+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Navalny

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    What are you suggesting? That because someone else might have been murdered, it's ok for Putin to have murdered his political opposition?
    What are you suggesting? That because someone else might have been murdered, it's ok for Putin to have murdered his political opposition?
    Well for starters, the Ukrainian chief intelligence officer, who presumably has access to intelligence that you and I don’t, seems to believe Navalny wasn’t murdered, and that the Russians are being straight up honest injuns! How do we reconcile that?

Second, even if every single one of the people mentioned in this thread were assassinated at the behest of powerful politicians and oligarchs, what are our principles and how do apply them consistently? Do we demand the dismantling of all political establishments? Do we give a pass to all of them? Something in between?

The underlying assumption in this thread, and correct me if I’m wrong, is that Putin ordered a hit on Navalny. And as such, Putin is an evil man at the head of an evil regime, and that good people everywhere, including our own politicians, ought to do everything in our power (overt and covert) to stop him and dismantle his evil regime. Given the fact that Russia’s political establishment is at least on par, if not even more hard core in their thinking than Putin, and moreover that the population is brainwashed and/or scared into thinking this is all either untrue or outright acceptable/desirable, the most logical means of suppressing this evilness is to break Russia into a series of significantly weakened banana republics, sanctioned up the wazoo, so that they are incapable of unleashing and spreading their evil ways on the world.

Ok, if that’s at least semi-accurate… do we apply this logic with consistency to our own murderous and despotic regimes, and the brainwashed populations they not only preside over, but who are likewise either in denial or in acceptance. Do we take to the streets and tear down our own regimes? Do we seek out and actively support independently minded politicians who recognize our systems for what it is, and struggle with all their hearts to change it? Ought we to collude with some foreign powers who (either overtly or covertly want to bring about our regime changes), national breakups, and international isolation of ourselves in some quasi ritual of self flagellation?

Or do we perhaps accept that these events happen, recognize that they are symptomatic that all of our systems, including our own, are a really far cry from the cute catch phrases we typically apply to ourselves (“decency”, “freedom”, “democracy”, “rules based order”, “human rights”, etc).

Only then can we begin to have a serious analysis and prescription of situation.

I would even go even waaaay out on a limb and guess that Navalny himself was likely already very much part of this intercontinental tug of war in which opposing powers ‘benevolently’ (lol) try to impose their “human rights”, “democracy” and “decency” on the other, simply they can keep their own populations under thumb. On the other hand, our other friend probably took exception to Boeing making crappy planes that suck people out the doors. But I don’t know, maybe he had an axe to grind against Boeing. But what do I know? I’m just a naive Putin apologist.

In case that last part isn’t much clear, I’ll sum it up as follows:

In cases of spy vs spy, it doesn’t keep me up at night when some of them get caught and killed. Popular movies would even have us believe they issued licenses to do so. But I find it somewhat amusing when our politicians cry foul and pour their indignation all over the headlines when it happens.

Joe 6-pack taking a bullet for trying to call out the cutting of corners down at the local factory is a little sadder, but it doesn’t surprise me much either.

Do you want to have a third try and actually answer the question this time?

Do you want to have a third try and actually answer the question this time?
    Since you couldn’t understand my previous answer, I will indeed try again. My answer is this:

I’m ok either way you like, so long as you are consistent. And I don’t cry crocodile tears over people that are on the payroll.

Is that a clear enough answer for you?

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Since you couldn’t understand my previous answer, I will indeed try again. My answer is this:

I’m ok either way you like, so long as you are consistent. And I don’t cry crocodile tears over people that are on the payroll.

Is that a clear enough answer for you?
    This isn't an answer to the question. Try again.

The question, which you've quoted twice now is:

"What are you suggesting? That because someone else might have been murdered, it's ok for Putin to have murdered his political opposition?"

Are you suggesting that or not? Very simple question. A yes or a no would have sufficed.

Just for information - Andy6025 is an AI bot

This isn't an answer to the question. Try again.

The question, which you've quoted twice now is:

"What are you suggesting? That because someone else might have been murdered, it's ok for Putin to have murdered his political opposition?"

Are you suggesting that or not? Very simple question. A yes or a no would have sufficed.
    Did he murder his political opposition? The chief of Ukrainian intelligence says he didn’t.

Are you calling him a liar?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Just for information - Andy6025 is an AI bot
    You will find the same bot (andy6025) on many different media boards - (just read his posts & answers carefully)

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    You will find the same bot (andy6025) on many different media boards - (just read his posts & answers carefully)
    Well done, you’ve genioisly unravelled the whole conspiracy: Budanov is lying because andy6025 is a bot.

He's not AI. Might use AI for some of his rambling nonsense pieces but he isn't purely AI.

Definitely an account dedicated to posting pro-putin garbage tho.

I think he's not answering the yes or no question because his mission in this thread is 100% to just muddy the waters, and he may well be in a position where criticising putin or even seeming do means being thrown out a window. But who knows, he really could just be an incredibly gullible westerner.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast