+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Final points predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Now 82!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Nobody has said what these predictions mean?

I think we will make the play offs at least and that will be a good thing as we will have two chances of going up. Top Teams are getting nervous...
    It seems to me there are 5 clearly leading teams in this division - Stockport, Mansfield, Wrexham, us, & Barrow. 3 of these will go up automatically and 2 be doomed to the playoffs, so (at least) one will miss out completely. I think we'd need a really awful collapse not to make the playoffs now - 67 was enough in 2012 - something over 80 should just about get 3rd anyway. But it was just points we were asked to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    It seems to me there are 5 clearly leading teams in this division - Stockport, Mansfield, Wrexham, us, & Barrow. 3 of these will go up automatically and 2 be doomed to the playoffs, so (at least) one will miss out completely. I think we'd need a really awful collapse not to make the playoffs now - 67 was enough in 2012 - something over 80 should just about get 3rd anyway. But it was just points we were asked to predict.
    I think that you have to include MK Dons in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    I think that you have to include MK Dons in the mix.
    I think you do - they've crept up intp the mix almost unnoticed - cleraly in better form than Barrow right now. Unless someone's form collapses badly it does look like all the rest (Harrogate, Morecambe etc) are competing for one place in the playoffs. Morecambe are the one team we haven't ye seen of course - we should know more about them on Saturday week.

[QUOTE=MikeSB;40452373]Nobody has said what these predictions mean?
    No, you're right. But then when I asked the same question at about the same time last season, I wasn't asking we'd be relegated or whatever, just points. Points mean different things in different seasons depending how competitive a league is.
    Anyway, the question is just for a bit of fun! Try it!

ITM, there are still a few people unwilling to stick their necks out. I'll close the list on Sunday after the Notts County game.

[QUOTE=gazan;40453597]
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Nobody has said what these predictions mean?
    No, you're right. But then when I asked the same question at about the same time last season, I wasn't asking we'd be relegated or whatever, just points. Points mean different things in different seasons depending how competitive a league is.
    Anyway, the question is just for a bit of fun! Try it!

ITM, there are still a few people unwilling to stick their necks out. I'll close the list on Sunday after the Notts County game.
    After due consideration, I will plump for 79 points

[QUOTE=Timmy58;40453661]
    Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post

After due consideration, I will plump for 79 points
    👍

Dont know about points predictions but automatic promotion is still on the cards and that is all that matters.

Despite the spoilsports, I am revising upwards. Now saying 81 points.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Despite the spoilsports, I am revising upwards. Now saying 81 points.
    OK we have 61 points with 36 points to play for from 12 games, I think we are capable of winning 6 and drawing 3 giving us 82 points.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast