+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Final points predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Frogpole may or may not agree, I'd say when Arthur first came in that was his fault, decision making, while as you say a great shot stopper, but by the time Arsenal sent him to Graz all that had improved and he was a dominant keeper in his area.
    Agree with ShropshireAlex.

We did miss him after he returned to London

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Returning to the original theme of the post, I see that the lowest prediction was 77 points by MeFor Crewe. However, that still means another 13 points from the last 8 games. Are you confident MFC?
    13 from a possible 24 would be disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Returning to the original theme of the post, I see that the lowest prediction was 77 points by MeFor Crewe. However, that still means another 13 points from the last 8 games. Are you confident MFC?
    I still think that it sounds about right Gazan, but I am well known for being a born pessimist.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I still think that it sounds about right Gazan, but I am well known for being a born pessimist.
    I think that we take that as read- We support Crewe and being a pessimist comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Just to put it into some perspective, we've gained 16 points from the last 8 games and that takes us back into our good run. So, MFC, don't think you're that pessimistic. Plus Tabs is going to be absent for all but the last couple of games as is CBR.

Yes it's really disappointing that Tabs is out again that long, though a bonus frankly that CBR may be back. We need Longy to stay fit till then if he comes back in - and all of them in May if we do end in the playoffs.

Just had a look - 75 points secured the final play-off place last year.

Think my 84 is a bit far off now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrierstan View Post
    Think my 84 is a bit far off now!!
    My prediction of 82 points is still possible but unlikely, I think losing Offord was the turning point of our season. With 13 games left I predicted 6 more wins and 3 draws, with 8 games left I think winning another 5 games looks optimistic, so I now predict finishing with 75 points. They didn't play well on Saturday, Bell has blamed the pitch, but his starting 11 didn't help. This idea of playing a left back as a right back and playing a center half as left back was total nonsense. We looked better after he was forced to change it, but having said that I think our midfield found it difficult and didn't have the best of games. They need to do better.

Well what does everybody think now, I thought that my 77 pts. was a little bit conservative, but now I can't see past 70 pts.
    Will that be enough, who knows? I'm thinking a draw against Accy and a win against Grimsby.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast