+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Final points predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Train Spotter View Post
    One less than 3rd place !
    That would hurt - that really would ...

... let's hope it's one more than 4th place !!!

The point is how many points is third place going to need? At the moment, this is quite intriguing. Both the Alex and Wrexham are prone to slips but the added factor now is how long Stockport's slump is going to continue.
    On paper, we don't have a difficult run-in but years of following the Alex tells us that this doesn't help. The Alex much prefer to go head-to-head with good footballing teams than having to break down teams that are determined to cancel them out by any means necessary. My worry is that there is a chance the Alex will wear themselves down trying to overcome 'lesser' opposition, hence my original relatively pessimistic final points haul.

The teams at the bottom of the table will be fighting for every point, to try and avoid going into non-league ...

The teams in the middle will have little to play for, and therefore no 'real' pressure on them ...

The teams at the top will be treating games against the Alex, as six-pointers ...

No easy games, @gazan - no easy games !!

Worry not frogpole . I’m a Wrexham fan pulling a wind -up . I like to check out what other fans are posting . I reckon 3rd is between you , us and M K Dons . Maybe Stockport COULD be reeled in . We have been c**p lately , even some of the wins were jammy but signs of a pick-up in form very recently . Seems you should have won v Morecombe - That’s football . !

No worries !!

Will be glad to still be 'in-the-mix' at the end of the season.

Good name for a Crewe Forum by the way

Yeah , I’m Cheshire born( Malpas area ) but Wrexham were closest as a kid on a bike . Wrexham ‘s “ Red Passion “ is full of wringers . Too many fans on there seem to feel entitled . One wag wrote last week “ Must have won today , only six pages “ ( when they lose , there are nearly 40 pages ) ! After the 4 - 0 over Accrington another wrote “Parky out “ . These guys are reacting to the whingers with humour - love it !

My first full season was 61/62 so these are exciting times for The Dragons but not all get that . At start of season , I think play- offs would have been decent but when they got into top three , expectations changed . I did not expect you guys to do quite this well so good for” The Railway Men . All to play for with the top five vying for three spots . I think Mansfield win it as the consensus I’m getting is that they are the best team in the League. Any two from four really !

Hi! Train spotter. I think most would concur with most of what you said - think Mansfield will be champions. I still suspect Stockport may throw it all away. We play MK Dons soon, which should be a pointer. I'm not too sure that our home form will support our automatic chances too well but play-offs are a cert short of an absolutely disastrous run-in. Would have taken that in August but now that we've been so close, it will probably be a disappointment initially. If we did make it up then we'd need some outstanding recruitment in the summer but that's a topic for another thread at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    No worries !!

Will be glad to still be 'in-the-mix' at the end of the season.

Good name for a Crewe Forum by the way
    Not a reply Frogpole but a question . What was Okonkwo like when he played for you . He’s getting stick on Red Passion now mostly it seems cos he does not know when to come or stay on his line . Good shot stopper though I think .

Quote Originally Posted by Train Spotter View Post
    Not a reply Frogpole but a question . What was Okonkwo like when he played for you . He’s getting stick on Red Passion now mostly it seems cos he does not know when to come or stay on his line . Good shot stopper though I think .
    Frogpole may or may not agree, I'd say when Arthur first came in that was his fault, decision making, while as you say a great shot stopper, but by the time Arsenal sent him to Graz all that had improved and he was a dominant keeper in his area.

Returning to the original theme of the post, I see that the lowest prediction was 77 points by MeFor Crewe. However, that still means another 13 points from the last 8 games. Are you confident MFC?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast