+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Final points predictions

Quote Originally Posted by OzMozz View Post
    I agree. Only about a dozen academy products played for the first team this season.What a waste of money !
    Over a million quid a year we spend on the academy, would buy some pretty decent players, FAR better than what we have...

I don't mind us dropping out of the league and becoming an academy club as Dario wanted...But the entrance fees and fans will be vastly reduced as a result. No other club respects our academy these days and smile when they beat us 3-0 like on Monday..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 03-04-2024 at 09:43 AM.

Anyway.... so I'm going to go for 73 points. 6 down on my original cautious prediction and 8 from my slightly (as it was then!) optimistic guess. Just hope my positional prediction doesn't come to pass.

Mike. Your arrogance has reached new heights. And as for me, or anyone elsebeing jealous of you, get real.

I’m an optimist (who is allegedly ignorant about football), so I’m going for 75!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Mike. Your arrogance has reached new heights. And as for me, or anyone elsebeing jealous of you, get real.
    Arrogance beyond measure in my opinion. It is interesting how one can focus attention on whatever suits one's point. In this instance focussing on a very disappointing performance against a team we would expect to beat ordinarily. Ignoring the fact that at this stage of the season freak results are often occurring. Of course one could focus on the brilliant results we have had this season, Mansfield away, Stockport away and Barrow away. Numerous home games that have provided exhilarating performances sometimes resulting in draws and other times victories which have propelled us (against all expectations) into the top 7 consistently and all with a good number of Academy players of varying ages. Still, we lost a game of football so that excuses all negativity!!

Tho points total this season should be around 73 -75. And I am not too disappointed with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Arrogance beyond measure in my opinion. It is interesting how one can focus attention on whatever suits one's point. In this instance focussing on a very disappointing performance against a team we would expect to beat ordinarily. Ignoring the fact that at this stage of the season freak results are often occurring. Of course one could focus on the brilliant results we have had this season, Mansfield away, Stockport away and Barrow away. Numerous home games that have provided exhilarating performances sometimes resulting in draws and other times victories which have propelled us (against all expectations) into the top 7 consistently and all with a good number of Academy players of varying ages. Still, we lost a game of football so that excuses all negativity!!

Tho points total this season should be around 73 -75. And I am not too disappointed with that!
    It takes a lot of arrogance when you know who is right and who is wrong...

We have done very good this season and had some good results, nay brilliant results, is that being arrogant or measured? Genius's are always called arrogant by those with inferior knowledge and experience.... You know I worked for British Rail for 40 years and travelled all over the country with my job while lads that I served an apprenticeship with never progressed further than a work bench on the shop floor and that is OK but when someone gets an ambition to do something better in life and get academic and professional qualifications and ditto and ditto stuff then of course I am arrogant about these achievements if one considers the family background I had..I also know a great deal about football and to be honest folks, many and most on here are lacking as none of you apart from gazan tries to get to grips with why we fail at this very simple game and coaching and academies have a detrimental effect on the club imo as its sticking to something that worked well over ten years ago and even then had to sign some very good players too.

Fans have forgotten the obvious. Football is a simple game and you go and watch any non league match or at local level behind the park and you will see massive varying football ability from those who could turn professional today and some who are hopeless. What IS the point of training kids and young men with natural ability far more than the second rate coaches and managers who try and tell these players HOW to play the game. Its why some PL are ditching the EEEP academy system as its run by useless people at the FA and some useless Chairman at some football clubs who don't know anything about football.

Hardly any of you have said WTF we lost to the club that is propping up the football league when we think we deserve promotion to another basement club ie L1...

Its no good LB showing the players the league match they have just lost and tell them not to do this or that next time as their ears are shut and rightly so....They want to just go out and play with their skills they have. Our academy is not free you know, we spend over one million pounds on it when no oher club our size would even contemplate doing that and yet they are all wrong and we are right? That money would buy far better players than we have in the team from the academy, I can tell you exactly what is wrong here...and has been for many seasons...The midfield, ie the engine room of the team who provide most of the service to the strikers...Erm, ie one or two players up there when we want to win a game? The club should go out and always get a good midfield in and then watch us slaughter teams like FGR....They are bottom of the league because of what?

Keep reading for better knowledge about football and engineering if you want to learn....Crewe is or was an engineering town based wholly on the railways who built most of Crewe at the time....1843 and why we are called 'The Railwaymen' which is vastly out of date now...Derby Litchurch Lane is now closing, the biggest railway works as was in the Country and our useless Political Class has destroyed them as well as all the other 12 workshops, steel industy and coal industry, while they sit on great big fat arses in Parliament and unelected Lords....

I once did a academic exam paper for the biggest and famous engineering institution in the world...It was callled..:'The Engineer in Society'....60 years ago that was.... It was quite arrogantly good....

I accept my topic here is slightly off topic...LOL!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 03-04-2024 at 04:30 PM.

There was a thread started in January 23 by yourself titled, reasons not to have an academy, it's still waiting for it's first reply. That must give you a clue. Why don't you answer yourself on it and keep other threads on topic please. I won't lower myself with insults or arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    There was a thread started in January 23 by yourself titled, reasons not to have an academy, it's still waiting for it's first reply. That must give you a clue. Why don't you answer yourself on it and keep other threads on topic please. I won't lower myself with insults or arrogance.
    That was because no fans could answer the specific points I made on that thread...ie no idea and why no response...In fact just like on here where no fan will get into why we had no clue on Monday and yet over a million per year spent on a youth academy and yet we need to bring in loan players? As anybody worked out its the players who are not that good? Some threads have a thousand views and no replies? Why bother reading threads if they don't have any idea of a response? Of course they are entitled to do that but don't criticise posters who want to post stuff...The problem here is there are too few posters, where are they?

I get insulted the whole time on here...

Until someone here owns this site, I will choose which threads I will respond on..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 03-04-2024 at 06:13 PM.

OK, what you are saying to me is that you are a genius and I know nothing. Right, stupid people like me can only follow the thread. 75 points.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    That was because no fans could answer the specific points I made on that thread...ie no idea and why no response...In fact just like on here where no fan will get into why we had no clue on Monday and yet over a million per year spent on a youth academy and yet we need to bring in loan players? As anybody worked out its the players who are not that good? Some threads have a thousand views and no replies? Why bother reading threads if they don't have any idea of a response? Of course they are entitled to do that but don't criticise posters who want to post stuff...The problem here is there are too few posters, where are they?

I get insulted the whole time on here...

Until someone here owns this site, I will choose which threads I will respond on..
    I had promised myself that I would never respond to you again but no, the reason your thread got no replies was not because no-one was intelligent enough to respond to your points - it was because you posted it. Nuff said and I won't slip again.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast