+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Fleetwood-v-Barnsley

Good news that Williams is back to right wing back.

With Cosgrove coming in for McAee, I wonder if McAtee isn’t quite as fresh for this game. He does put a lot of work in so maybe a game with him coming off the bench will keep him a bit fresher for run in.

Great result battled hard second half, outplayed a bit first think the wind had a lot to do with it.
    Love the look of Pines.

Horrible weather, shocking pitch, poor game mostly but we battled through and our quality came out in the end. That puts us on nine away wins now so what’s not to like.
    Defensively we looked more organised than most of our games this season and Pines looks good based on that showing.
    On 60 points I think we are safe!

First half wasn’t amazing but I thought second half we moved it a bit quicker.

Another good away result and 4 points from the 2 away games this week.

On to Derby now. Let’s hope we have a similar game and atmosphere as we did last season.

We didn’t look all that convincing for a top six side but what about that pitch? It’s hard to play a passing game on that surface.
    I’ll bet Pine has never play on a pitch like that before

Ground out a dogged 3 points today
    First half we struggled to get to grips with the conditions and that pudding of a pitch
    2nd half got control imo and but for some poor decision making should have but the game to bed, the pitch was factor though
    Nice to see the last few games we’ve adapted well after the break
    Derby a setdy will be an acid test

Dint see the game but a very good 3 points for the lads today. It keeps us ticking ova nicely. There's a tough run of fixtures coming up which will test our squad to the limit. We saw the slight rotation of players against Fleetwood and fair play to Collins for doing so. It's just a concern if some injuries hit us whether we can maintain our consistency.

You could definitely see from that game today how much better Williams was in his natural position, hardly put a foot wrong! I don't think big Don will be out of the side now barring injury or suspension and we will become a stronger defence for it?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    You could definitely see from that game today how much better Williams was in his natural position, hardly put a foot wrong! I don't think big Don will be out of the side now barring injury or suspension and we will become a stronger defence for it?
    I agree with you Perky , I thought Williams was very effective , he was very solid defensively & got forward well including playing a big part in the first goal when he got to their byline & pulled the ball back to Phillips to cross for Cosgrove . A special mention for Kane who continues as he has done all season to bring that bit extra quality to the team & to me is the most influential player in the team, yet some of our fans would not have him in the match day squad , unbelievable .

Some or ONE Shads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast