+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Roundwood

well let us start with the positives, the club have taken action and have already started work on trying to resolve the issues at Roundwood, this is good news.
    I think they should do a deal with someone to get access to 3g/4g pitch or inside facilities for the winter and there are such facilities within south yorkshire. Yes it might mean the players have to travel to another location, so what it isn't like they don't have nice cars. I also think that the club would do themselves a lot of good by coordinating all these activities into a plan and doing a press release of the plan to the fans, and it should include key members of the club in a small launch event, try to show some leadership.

A little tongue in cheek perhaps, but they could always take over this facility https://www.michaelsteel.co.uk/uploa...2_12_93606.pdf
    although a little far away it shows there are facilities around, if we wanted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Masbroughstreet, Believe it or not, Sheff Utd are in the exact same position as us and they are a Premiership club. When I say the same, I mean they have recently bought new land to have a brand new purpose built training facility. This will incorporate outdoor and indoor pitches. State of the art modern facilities to deal with the modern day footballers through either injury or rehabilitation etc.

Although the finer details of the deal have still to be finalised, the club say it will take betwee two to possibly three years before it is fully up to standard to use.

Going back to Roundwood, for now that is the cheaper option for Tony Stewart and if rumours are true about him retiring as chairman after next year, would you pour millions into Bawtry Road? I certainly wouldn't. Many millers fans keep banging the drum about Bawtry Road, unless Richard Stewart is looking to stay on as future Chairman, then it will never get off the ground.

NB. Bawtry Road rumoured to have been bought for £1 million. What's it worth now when you consider how long ago it was purchased and the price being asked for house building on at today's prices? That's why Tony is a multi millionaire and we are not.
    The difference though Brin is that Sheffield United's existing facilities are vastly superior to anything we have at Roundwood.
    They are moving up a level, we are making do and mending something belonging to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The difference though Brin is that Sheffield United's existing facilities are vastly superior to anything we have at Roundwood.
    They are moving up a level, we are making do and mending something belonging to someone else.
    Mellow, yes I'm aware of that pal. I was basing my point mainly on the fact we both have land to build new training facilities but only one club will press on with their plans. I feel we will all know next season, if it is to be Tony's last one in charge, what his intentions are for Bawtry Road.

I read somewhere the covenant on Millmoor is due to lapse in 2025. That ties in with it lasting for 100 years from 1925 onwards so there may be some developments on the future of Millmoor next year

I've got a couple of video's sent to me, but don't know how to share them from my phone. The guys stripping the turf of can be heard saying," this is a ferking swamp, and it stinks, it's like a river down there".

To be fair it does look like a ferking swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I've got a couple of video's sent to me, but don't know how to share them from my phone. The guys stripping the turf of can be heard saying," this is a ferking swamp, and it stinks, it's like a river down there".

To be fair it does look like a ferking swamp.
    Workmen on the sick with 'Swamp Fever '

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I do know that they applied for and were allowed to store the old London tube trains on the large car park at the side of the ground. that was about two years ago.
    You can see the trains on here. 5:36.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526