+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundwood

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Still had Rotherham United sign up until 2017
    Bawtry Rd
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZPF3dcPT88F4hpRTA
    But that’s not the old Firth Rixson Aurora sports club.

Which is about a quarter mile further on, on the other side of the road

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

The Sheffield Hallam Uni Sports Centre?

TS giving 2-3 years in 2016 for Outokumpu site

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...agenda-4304136

My doctor would say about RUFC you look well on the outside but on in inside you are falling to bits.Get it sorted before it becomes terminal.

The rufc signs were put up,and then took down a couple of years ago…I always thought it was just a land grab as collateral for the rufc estates..

Plus the endless inactivity of Guest&Chrimes.

Just to try and clear this up.
    Imagine you are going to Meadowhall, have just gone through Brinsworth and are approaching Tinsley.
    On the left hand side is the former Aurora sports complex which to the best of my knowledge is nothing to do with Rotherham United and never has been.

A little further down the road on the left hand side are the Sheffield Hallam University sports facilities which are used by our Youth Development organisation. I won't call it Academy because the club does not have that status.

On the right hand side, down in a dip, is a substantial area of land that was formerly used for sporting purposes by Outokumpu. This is the land that TS bought and was to be developed into state of the art training facilities for the club.
    Obviously this has never happened but as far as I'm aware, the land is still owned by TS.

Hope that helps 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    As usual everything is as clear as mud. Warnock knew what he was talking about but as usual we just put a sticking plaster over the problem. We are a sticking plaster club reactive to a degree but not proactive. We would be better prioritising getting decent training facilitiesgood and a decent academy and then think about pushing up the leagues. Might not go down well with the fans but if this was explained to them they might be patient to a degree.
    Don’t often agree with you roly but you are bang on the money.

The Sheffield Hallam Uni Sports Centre?
    Not quite

It looks that way but the Sheffield Hallam facility shared a fenceless boundary with the Aurora Sports club making it look like one site.

Historically the Aurora site was the Edgar Allen Balfour Darwin Sports Club, a facility for their employees

The " Sheffield Hallam" site used to belong to a car retailer ( can't remember name) and both sites had ownership changes and over the years additions like AstroTurf pitches.

As employee numbers dropped in engineering the Aurora site had to open up it's membership to outsiders to stay viable. Similar things happened next door at the hallam site.

Takeovers and ownership changes at both camps further muddied the ownership waters and the Aurora new owners ( linked to Alcoa) ended their interest in the site. The Hallam part though ( not being theirs) continued to operate

Not quite

It looks that way but the Sheffield Hallam facility shared a fenceless boundary with the Aurora Sports club making it look like one site.

Historically the Aurora site was the Edgar Allen Balfour Darwin Sports Club, a facility for their employees

The " Sheffield Hallam" site used to belong to a car retailer ( can't remember name) and both sites had ownership changes and over the years additions like AstroTurf pitches.

As employee numbers dropped in engineering the Aurora site had to open up it's membership to outsiders to stay viable. Similar things happened next door at the hallam site.

Takeovers and ownership changes at both camps further muddied the ownership waters and the Aurora new owners ( linked to Alcoa) ended their interest in the site. The Hallam part though ( not being theirs) continued to operate
    I had my wedding reception on the Outukumpu site many moons ago (1991) it was bought by RUFC years ago and there were rumours they were going to put houses on it, it’s a big area which was used for among other things football and it had a big cricket pitch and crown green bowling, it would be a great training facility for the club and has been said academy, would be vastly superior to the Roundwood complex and to the best of my knowledge has never flooded also it wouldn’t be a pain to get to which despite whichever direction you come from the Roundwood one is, this site is literally 2 minutes from the M1

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast