+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundwood

The Bawtry Road complex was the perfect site.Why did it go tits up?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Warne moved things on as much as he could, new buildings,etc,which made the facilities more "central".
    Then Taylor blamed the pitches for all the injuries, think something was done about this,however this season we have had a record number of injuries !
    I'm no expert but I would guess the major failing would be the lack of all weather training compared to most championship clubs.
    This I would imagine will cost big,and we wouldn't do that when we are effectively renting the training ground.
    it doesn't cost big, we have been in NYS for 10 years, in that time we have had plenty of TV and player sales revenue, the fact is the board haven't seen that the correct infrastructure and youth development are the priority for the club. The worst thing is the lack of a plan and the lack of communications about any plan. Now we hear that we are going a different direction with our new DOF, it would make sense that the club put together a roadmap and shared it with the fans, perhaps calling it the Centenary Plan, this could show the fans that there is a long term plan and set of goals for the club, clearly showing where funds will be allocated and where the priorities are for the club. By doing this it will reduce the whinging done by the fans because we are told nothing or the fact we don't spend all our available funds on the wages of old greedy footballers when we are in L1.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    it doesn't cost big, we have been in NYS for 10 years, in that time we have had plenty of TV and player sales revenue, the fact is the board haven't seen that the correct infrastructure and youth development are the priority for the club. The worst thing is the lack of a plan and the lack of communications about any plan. Now we hear that we are going a different direction with our new DOF, it would make sense that the club put together a roadmap and shared it with the fans, perhaps calling it the Centenary Plan, this could show the fans that there is a long term plan and set of goals for the club, clearly showing where funds will be allocated and where the priorities are for the club. By doing this it will reduce the whinging done by the fans because we are told nothing or the fact we don't spend all our available funds on the wages of old greedy footballers when we are in L1.
    Unfortunately a lot of us have the feeling, rightly or wrongly, that TS may have lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Unfortunately a lot of us have the feeling, rightly or wrongly, that TS may have lost interest.
    you might be right

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    The Bawtry Road complex was the perfect site.Why did it go tits up?
    Wasn't it (I seem to recall but maybe wrong) something to do with the fact that we were playing outside the Borough boundary, at the time, and the location was also outside the boundary ?

Plus - you could also build a lot of houses on it

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I Said when his wife passed away it could go two ways.either he gets more involved or he drifts away from it…I think we maybe seeing the latter..he also has his own business interests to look after too..!.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Wasn't it (I seem to recall but maybe wrong) something to do with the fact that we were playing outside the Borough boundary, at the time, and the location was also outside the boundary ?

Plus - you could also build a lot of houses on it
    Not sure that matters with training grounds, Watford and Arsenals training grounds are next to each other in London Colney nr St Albans.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Not sure that matters with training grounds, Watford and Arsenals training grounds are next to each other in London Colney nr St Albans.
    I think it does if you're trying to get a grant from Rotherham Council

https://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2011/10/ne...erham.html?m=1

So that was what TS said when he acquired the site.......

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...agenda-4304136

........and then he subsequently said this.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast