+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Roundwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Masbroughstreet, Believe it or not, Sheff Utd are in the exact same position as us and they are a Premiership club. When I say the same, I mean they have recently bought new land to have a brand new purpose built training facility. This will incorporate outdoor and indoor pitches. State of the art modern facilities to deal with the modern day footballers through either injury or rehabilitation etc.

Although the finer details of the deal have still to be finalised, the club say it will take betwee two to possibly three years before it is fully up to standard to use.

Going back to Roundwood, for now that is the cheaper option for Tony Stewart and if rumours are true about him retiring as chairman after next year, would you pour millions into Bawtry Road? I certainly wouldn't. Many millers fans keep banging the drum about Bawtry Road, unless Richard Stewart is looking to stay on as future Chairman, then it will never get off the ground.

NB. Bawtry Road rumoured to have been bought for £1 million. What's it worth now when you consider how long ago it was purchased and the price being asked for house building on at today's prices? That's why Tony is a multi millionaire and we are not.

Maybe Brin, or maybe not. I understand that Bawtry Road site has covenants on it similar to Millmoor that restrict what the site can be used for.

Millmoor is no different now than the day RUFC played there, I'm sure C F Booth would love to build houses there but they can’t

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe Brin, or maybe not. I understand that Bawtry Road site has covenants on it similar to Millmoor that restrict what the site can be used for.

Millmoor is no different now than the day RUFC played there, I'm sure C F Booth would love to build houses there but they can’t
    Grist, wasn't Roger Stone once part of a council meeting that put an order on Millmoor that it could never be used for commercial use, which they applied to use it for quite recently?

NB. Doubt it would ever be granted to be used for house building either considering the industrial scrapyard next to it.

Covenants only have value if there is someone with the standing and will to enforce them.

I'm not sure who is supposed to hold the benefits (i.e. the standing in law to take enforcement action) of the supposed covenants on Millmoor or the Bawtry Road site.

With the roundwood issue causing problems.

There is the sports ground on Park Road, Swinton.

The club & site was Swinton Miners Welfare, under the miners schemes charity, with Rotherham
    Metropolitan Borough Council being trustees, to which they maintained the site.

In 2016 Rotherham MBC transfered the trusteeship to the Swinton Sports & Health Group, to which
    the new trustee's took over the maintainence.
    It would be a better site than Roundwood, for training, next to the Swinton school academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, wasn't Roger Stone once part of a council meeting that put an order on Millmoor that it could never be used for commercial use, which they applied to use it for quite recently?

NB. Doubt it would ever be granted to be used for house building either considering the industrial scrapyard next to it.
    Don’t know about that Brin but Millmoor has had a covenant on it for recreational use before Stone was born.

There was once a hoo-har about C F Booth wanting to temporarily store old railway stock on the pitch before they recycled them. Maybe the council planning meeting was about that ?

Don’t know about that Brin but Millmoor has had a covenant on it for recreational use before Stone was born.

There was once a hoo-har about C F Booth wanting to temporarily store old railway stock on the pitch before they recycled them. Maybe the council planning meeting was about that ?
    I do know that they applied for and were allowed to store the old London tube trains on the large car park at the side of the ground. that was about two years ago.

Bottom dollar though is why Booth’s haven’t done anything with Millmoor

What’s stopping them?

Bottom dollar though is why Booth’s haven’t done anything with Millmoor

What’s stopping them?
    Booth Jnr still uses the pitch to play on sometimes. Wick Youth have started using it now. Thought a stadium had to have a valid safety certificate to use it as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    So we've got a pitch with drainage.

The gym, the physios room, the on site changing room etc. All need doing too.

I go past Middlesbroughs training ground at croft spa quite a bit. They have three full size pitches one of which appears to be astro. Then a large indoor facility with a gym and smaller indoor pitch etc.

I'm not saying we should mirror them, just pointing out what most have at this level.
    I've played Golf at Rockcliffe Hall, where they train. It's a quite impressive site. The Hotel and course are both excellent.

Didn't one of the Railway companies gift the land, where Millmoor is now, to the club, but it could only ever be used for Sport/Recreational
    sports. County and town merged into United in 1925, so whatever was said then has stood the test of time( and Booths) very well, so far.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast