+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 3 positions to improve

Top 3 positions to improve

in the Summer?

What are your priorities?

I think a striker is the obvious one. I think it would have been even without Wilson's injury. Someone like Ivan toney would be ideal although I think he'll end up at Arsenal.

Some legs in midfield. Longstaff has done very well for us...but...our midfield is far too slow and it's one of the reasons we get hammered in transition. Either that or an upgrade on Miggy-not hard, despite what our more vocal Twitter knackers would have you believe.

Some legs in central defence. A fast left-sided CB. If our midfield 3 are going to continue to press high, we'll get caught often but this would mitigate that problem to an extent.

Thoughts?

A new striker a quality holding midfielder and finally a proper 100% left back.

I think 3 is probably the number of ‘big’ signings we will likely make…

Agree on Striker

Would go with right winger, think the middle is covered really under usual circumstances… Big Jo, Bruno, Tonali, Willock, Miley, Anderson, Longstaff… so for me RW is definitely a priority.

Final spot I would go with right footed centre half… Burn can cover for Botman but if Schar is injured then we’ll have Dummett only if Lascelles moves on as expected… we need a young player who can come in and develop into being the first choice alongside Botman.

That’s my 3 anyway

I would go for a young right sided CB, I agree that midfield is sorted when all fit, so 2 central attackers for me,Wilson and Isak aren’t reliable.

We established, with the Luton match thread title, that I'm an idiot.

i did, of course mean right-sided.

ffs

The three positions for me are:

1) Replace Wilson

2) Replace Burn

3) Replace Almiron

Assuming we keep our midfield after injuries then I'd say we're fine in midfield.
    I think a top quality pacey striker in the Toney mould would be a certain for me.
    A centre half in the mould of someone like Micky van de Ven would be fantastic.
    An Antonee Robinson type left back would be advantageous for us.
    A Moussa Diaby type (on form, obviously) to take over from Miggy would be fantastic.
    Am I being too greedy?

Add in the up and coming youngsters we added who are out on loan and I think we are cooking on gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzer View Post
    Assuming we keep our midfield after injuries then I'd say we're fine in midfield.
    I think a top quality pacey striker in the Toney mould would be a certain for me.
    A centre half in the mould of someone like Micky van de Ven would be fantastic.
    An Antonee Robinson type left back would be advantageous for us.
    A Moussa Diaby type (on form, obviously) to take over from Miggy would be fantastic.
    Am I being too greedy?

Add in the up and coming youngsters we added who are out on loan and I think we are cooking on gas.
    The beauty about Toney, because of the deal, he would be 30% off the negotiated price.

The bad thing about it is that we would have the risk of two gamblers in the squad.

Tough one as based on today’s game we evidently need 5 marquee signings.

We need a left-back. We actually have two (Targett and Hall) and a half (Tino) but the manager must not rate them very highly.

We need a partner on the opposite wing of Gordon - and replace Almiron permanently. His end product-lessness is more critical than ever.

We need a striker to get us the goals we’re not even close to getting at the moment when Isak is out injured.

Number 1 for me is a striker - we need one that can play the majority of the season.

A pacy CB.

Then some who can replace Miggy - I love him but if he converted even half the chances that we set him up, we'd be doing alot better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)