+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grimshaw

Grimshaw is one of those players who i will back until someone better comes along. But he has had a few poor showings of late and last night was probably his worst. Lost count of how many of his passes went straight to Raith players, then there is that aimless diagonal run he makes, where he either heads back, or looses the ball.

But he is a defender first and foremost, and he does a job. Every now and again though, he will get forward and play in a sweet cross, or a pass to someone in the box who goes on to create a chance or goal.

Does Freeman deserve a chance? Not sure!

Have said for some time that he is a bombscare. Too similar in many ways to Kenneth, without the brainfarts as he doesnt have the extra bit of desire that Kenneth had to actually try to do something.

He is an adequate defender - thats it.
    Offers nothing going forward.
    Halts any momentum (but thats throughout the side)
    As said above until someone better is available we should stick with him....

We have bigger problems than Grimshaw , la ck of creativity and being far to predictable being the most obvious, Grimshaw defensively is fine an Andy Robertson he is not

Nobody asks him to be an AR, but some ambition to be one would be good.

My bug bear is that every time he gets the ball the game stops and goes backwards. Not only him, but hes the thread.

Same as Middleton, does nowt really and just doesnt deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    has turned into a complete liability these last few weeks. We still have a couple of weeks left in the loan market go out and get a young player from and English academy wouldnt take much to be better dosnt even need to be an Owen Beck
    Don't really get this. We struggle week in week out to break opposition defences down with our midfielders and attackers but Grimshaw is the problem?

Limited attack wise but he's been decent defensively. That's his main job.

Grimshaw is limited with regards getting by people and he will pass back at times but when he has the chance he drives into the middle of the park, it's led to goals and chances before, he also does put in a decent ball at times, he was the only one doing anything at home to Raith for example

He's underrated, solid, would be a back up right back at worst in the top flight

He wins nearly all his tackles, and a decent percentage of headers. He also doesn't allow too many free crosses in to the box, whether it is a block or a foul (can cause goal scoring free-kick opportunities , I know)

I think we have other areas to be more worried about than right-back. Next season will be a different kettle of fish if we get promoted. We can deal with that when it comes around.

What are our other options??? RB on loan? Centre CB at full back? Freeman back in the team?

He won't always have brilliant games, but, I'm happy enough with Grimmy at RB for just now.

My thoughts are he is adequate defensively for where we are, but it is actually unbelievable in this day and age how one-footed he is, which makes him extremely limited going forward. More likely to misplace or rush a pass, or play it back to where it came from, due to having nae left foot.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    My thoughts are he is adequate defensively for where we are, but it is actually unbelievable in this day and age how one-footed he is, which makes him extremely limited going forward. More likely to misplace or rush a pass, or play it back to where it came from, due to having nae left foot.
    Fair comment... In saying that, we've got plenty players that hae nae right fut.....

Would 11 Liam Grimshaws beat 11 Tony Watts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)