+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Wrexham AFC 17.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    In the end - it was the ref,s decision to diasallow goal that handed Wrexham all 3 points
    Correctly disallowed tho.

Hate it when Forest win thats all you ever here about post match on Radio Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    What’s your the rule where it hits you now? I personally would say that was handball.
    I would say handball because his torso was facing slightly toward goal but he managed to control it back away from goal BUT it seems he did it with the very uppermost part of his arm.

When they check VAR for offside they draw the line from the forward most part of the t shirt figure (ie arm below above the shirt sleeve) so is that handball or not? Any refs on here that can advise?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I would say handball because his torso was facing slightly toward goal but he managed to control it back away from goal BUT it seems he did it with the very uppermost part of his arm.

When they check VAR for offside they draw the line from the forward most part of the t shirt figure (ie arm below above the shirt sleeve) so is that handball or not? Any refs on here that can advise?
    Either way seems ref was quick to dissallow it

Either way seems ref was quick to dissallow it
    If he delayed his decision, you would be moaning that it can’t have been that clear cut.

I thought that the performance overall was good today and it was an entertaining game. The difference between the two sides being marginal in that like against Mansfield we failed to capitalise on the chances we created early on and defensively we didn’t hold out as well first half which allowed them to take the lead. We were certainly good for a point. That’s one of the key lessons we will need to learn for next season if we want to be getting points on the road against the best sides in the division and be contenders for automatic. I think there are quite alot of negative comments and yes we lost but it wasn’t the roll over or as bad as some people on here are portraying it to be in my view.

One of the positives that we stood up well to the storm that Wrexham sent our way from the get go in the second half as Wrexham really turned the screw and dominated and we could not get hold of the ball or play our game. The fact we were more solid defensively in that period and kept ourselves in the game is perhaps more telling of what maybe to come under Stuart Maynard as we’ve got to be tough to beat away from home. I feel had Wrexham scored a second at that point it would have been game over for us.

We got back to playing our game as the second half wore on and we got back on top and Wrexham sat deeper and deeper. I don’t how or why our goal was disallowed but we kept pushing for that equaliser but again in comparison to Wrexham we were a bit short with the final ball in and around the box.

Some people are complaining that there was no striker on the bench today but for me Jones, Macca, Crowley and McGoldrick being on the field as long as possible provided us with the best opportunity of getting a goal back. If Jatta needs time so be it and I’m not sure if Morais could have been the key or difference to unlock the Wrexham defence today. So can understand Stuart Maynard’s rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If he delayed his decision, you would be moaning that it can’t have been that clear cut.
    Thats my whole point -many are suggesting it was border line - but my origianl post backed up an earlier post that said the ref seem biased towards Wrexham

Hate it when Forest win thats all you ever here about post match on Radio Nottingham
    It doesn’t matter if they win,draw or lose that’s all you hear about….it just more louder when they do win!!

Some fickle people on here😂- hola from Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Some fickle people on here��- hola from Mexico
    Suppose you're happy Forest won.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast