+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match Thoughts

Watford Post Match Thoughts

A world apart from the reverse fixture which saw the ultimate demise of Matt Taylor but at the end of the day the result is still the same, no points. On one of the rare (only?) occasions this season where the balance of the game statistics were in our favour we were still unable to do what our opponents always do, find the back of the net. Another story of huffing and puffing, no lack of endevour and nice to see a few old and new faces starting to show some signs that were aren't a total basket case, but we are going down.

Thoughts?

Seriki

What a waste of a loan, what was he brought in for? 5 players put on today ahead of him, we even played a midfielder in his place ahead of him, we lack pace wide yet a kid that is supposed to have lots of it can’t get a game, makes you wonder if LR had any say in his recruitment. Kioso deserves the shirt, that is not the issue, we only bring in 3 players on loan at the end of the window and one of them can’t get a look in.

A good display and we definitely deserved a point. But 4 strikers who never look like scoring mean once again no points.

Was a poor game today. Neither side had any guile. Neither keeper had any work today. Wonder strike aside it was a drab nil nil.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    What a waste of a loan, what was he brought in for? 5 players put on today ahead of him, we even played a midfielder in his place ahead of him, we lack pace wide yet a kid that is supposed to have lots of it can’t get a game, makes you wonder if LR had any say in his recruitment. Kioso deserves the shirt, that is not the issue, we only bring in 3 players on loan at the end of the window and one of them can’t get a look in.
    Just back up I assume Derby, in case of another injury outbreak.

I don't think that we "huffed and puffed" today CAM, I reckon we did well with a lot more effort and determination on show.

We're definitely going down but keep playing like this and we'll go down fighting, and that's all the fans want now.

Luck was not on our side today and I feel sorry for the lads because they gave it everything in that game.

When you realise that 4 out of our next 5 games are away from home then it's a bit frightening but we never know, the Gods might be looking down on us for once, ha-ha.

We gave it a go and no luck in box near the end. Humphrey’s, Morrison, Odoffin, revan and Kioso were excellent. They are a poor side though all that money and no where near the best teams or playoff fringe teams like Hull. I think the comment of our front four is very valid, none of them look like they could score a goal even if the other side played goalie when needed, very concerning. Great to see Fergie back, already putting crosses into the box if only we had a CF that moved to attack the ball. At the moment I can’t see us winning another game, and if we get to 25 points I will be amazed, but at least in the last two games we had a go. Awful season!!!

Can't fault the application of the lads, pretty much matched Watford but mixture of the lack of quality in creating chances from midfielder/forwards and getting into good positions should any chances happen to have been created/appeared. Hugely disappointing but good to see the effort. Must be hugely dispiriting for the players, day in day out in a culture of doom but the manager has to focus them on the long game and be thinking ahead already to pre season and squad/culture building.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Just back up I assume Derby, in case of another injury outbreak.
    I wonder if sheff utd are happy with that? That means we only brought in 2 players we intended to play, very strange. No idea why this separate post has been moved to the post match thread but admins seemed to have moved it.

In a season with not much to cheer, today we saw a bit of a Rotherham United side to get behind.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast