+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Watford didn't turn up (their supporters in the pub said they haven't turned up since before Christmas) and were there for the taking. Just don't see where Richardson is taking us and if we lose the next three,especially the Wednesday match i'd expect the chairman to be looking for yet another manager to deflect the criticism from himself.
    I get your points Timber but I don't think the Chairman will but lets face it,LR was a sideways appointment.He was about the 5th choice but,like most supporters,I will reserve judgement until we are well into the League 1 campaign.Has LR improved us with more players at his disposal....no.LR will state that it is not his side,and it isn't,lets be honest.What did for MT was the 2 million quid that was allegedly added to the budget from previous years because we all thought we were headed to mid table comfort for generations to come.It's the expectation that kills you.LR doesn't have that burden!
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 17-02-2024 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Is Richardson feeling the pressure ??

According to post match interveiw on bbc he has mentioned leaving every club he has managed in a better state than he arrived for past 3 games.

Bit off a odd thing to say
    I think he his trying to distance himself from any blame and doesn’t want to own this situation,he is slowly running out of things to say,but he’s got a few more months of this yet.!.

LR is be coming a stuck record. He probably thought he could make a difference and found he can’t at present.

Today , for the first time for as long as I remember, my other half sat and watched the match with me (at home) She was a Millers fan in her Teeens but her career made it difficult to continue watching the Millers. Anyway, back to today, She thought the Millers were by far the best side and deserved at least a point . "How come they are bottom of the table" she asked . I didn't have enough time to answer as Man City ( her now team) were playing Chelsea in the next half hour .

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I think he his trying to distance himself from any blame and doesn’t want to own this situation,he is slowly running out of things to say,but he’s got a few more months of this yet.!.
    I bet LR can't wait for the Parkgate friendly,the meal at the 'W',and for all his strikers to score centuries at Wicko before they fly off to Skeggy for their pre season training camp!

We deserved a point today and were denied a penalty. This was a good performance and one we need to maintain. But the horrible truth is that we have four strikers who are all as useless as each other. It's cruel but it's got to be said. They all need replacing. When did we last score?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    We deserved a point today and were denied a penalty. This was a good performance and one we need to maintain. But the horrible truth is that we have four strikers who are all as useless as each other. It's cruel but it's got to be said. They all need replacing. When did we last score?
    Eaves at Blackburn 1st Jan..😓

Sorry Jimmy but he wont last that long. He was the cheap option and is useless. It's down to the chairman who seems intent on not losing personal money in his football ownership venture. His appreciation society is fast dwindling but the gullible will not be dissuaded.

To be fair Richardson needs a bit of time to clear out the dead wood left behind by Taylor who lost again today, and surprise surprise is saying the players aren't good enough to play his genius tactics. But back to Richardson. The key word is "bit" of time. If it's not working come September he'll be out. And Stewart has to get the next appointment right. Warnock should advise him who to get because he's clueless picking them himself

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast