+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    It might be useful with the player ratings if the posters indicate if they were at the game, watched the live stream, listened to the commentary, or none of those. I attend all the home games, and watch a live stream if I can't get to the away games. I'm not saying my opinion is any more valid than anybody else's, but I find some of the negative comments quite baffling.
    I totally agree with you, what I have noticed we won on Tuesday night everyone put a shift in and we get 2 posts for players ratings.
    We play Wrexham and loose every one comes out from the wood work with negative posts, and giving players stick and getting personal to me is just not on, Nemane & Cameron seem to be the two at the minute, Cameron got stick & abuse on his socials for attending Forest v Newcastle last Saturday on his day off watching his home side Newcastle.
    Totally uncalled for and embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckPie View Post
    I totally agree with you, what I have noticed we won on Tuesday night everyone put a shift in and we get 2 posts for players ratings.
    We play Wrexham and loose every one comes out from the wood work with negative posts, and giving players stick and getting personal to me is just not on, Nemane & Cameron seem to be the two at the minute, Cameron got stick & abuse on his socials for attending Forest v Newcastle last Saturday on his day off watching his home side Newcastle.

That’s why smart footballers stay off the poison that is social media. Jatta appears to have the right idea there.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckPie View Post
    Really that's ridiculous. There are some stupid people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’m getting sick of the stick Nemanes getting as it’s getting to the point of vindictive. He may read social media or friends and family and it’s just totally uncalled for.
    On the whole he puts a shift in, never goes missing in the fact he doesn’t want the ball which shows courage and what can he do? Say I don’t want play RB or WB because I’m a winger or right of front a three, all he can do is his best.
    Macari I imagine wasn’t fit enough to play a 2nd game in the week after injury, Brindley unlike Nemane never ever wants the ball or to go forward and Rawlinson isnt quick enough/nimble enough to play RB, the lad got forward and tried to make things happen, he’s a Notts player who tries 100% and some need to remember that.
    Agree 100% with all of that.

...agree, we should state if we were at the match. We played against a team of bullies, as usual. The ref and all his relations probably stayed in 5* accommodation on Friday night. Nemane: what is it about you knockers ... we know he's not a defender; but in the second half he was a real threat and they struggled to cope with him. Robertson: he's an important addition showing grit and steel; he didn't stand for the bullying and the weak ref penalised him. Whoever suggested him as full back must be mental. We are a very good team and as yet still developing and Wrexham knew it. Like many, wondered about the switch to aback three. On the whole the team and management go it right. You just can't make allowances for disgraceful reffing ... COYP'S

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    That’s why smart footballers stay off the poison that is social media. Jatta appears to have the right idea there.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Nemane: what is it about you knockers ... we know he's not a defender; but in the second half he was a real threat and they struggled to cope with him.
    Nemane, when he's in the mood to take defenders on, is a menace to any opponent. He's a winger, not a wing-back. He shouldn't be played in a position or formation that places a significant defensive responsibility upon him. I suspect one of the reasons he sometimes looks nervous to take on an opponent is because he's afraid of losing the ball with no real cover. If someone else is doing the full-back job behind him, he could be willing to take more risks.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Nemane, when he's in the mood to take defenders on, is a menace to any opponent. He's a winger, not a wing-back. He shouldn't be played in a position or formation that places a significant defensive responsibility upon him. I suspect one of the reasons he sometimes looks nervous to take on an opponent is because he's afraid of losing the ball with no real cover. If someone else is doing the full-back job behind him, he could be willing to take more risks.
    Nemane - is one of my favorite players. He has one of the hardest positions to play.
    Not only does he need to score a few goals, beat a few players, cross a good ball, stay in the formation, switch wings, run back and tackle, clear off the goal line. I'm exhausted just writing the job spec!
    He's a great part of the squad. I respect his knockers, Durham Pie comes to mention, but if he's so bad, maybe they can suggest suitable replacements. Maybe Phil Foden, good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Nemane - is one of my favorite players. He has one of the hardest positions to play.
    Not only does he need to score a few goals, beat a few players, cross a good ball, stay in the formation, switch wings, run back and tackle, clear off the goal line. I'm exhausted just writing the job spec!
    He's a great part of the squad. I respect his knockers, Durham Pie comes to mention, but if he's so bad, maybe they can suggest suitable replacements. Maybe Phil Foden, good enough.
    The requirements of a genuine wing-back are immense. You essentially need to be the complete footballer, and complete footballers tend to find their way to higher levels than League Two. That's the major flaw of the 3-5-2 system and it has been exposed in this division far more than in the National League, where we simply had superior players to most opponents throughout the team.

In that sense, Nemane and Jones and being are being given an almost impossible task in a 3-5-2, and Nemane's weaknesses are the ones getting exposed most. He's a good footballer with great pace, but his natural role is as an attacker, not a defender. Asking him to do both jobs leaves him too vulnerable on and off the pitch and that's not really fair to him.
    Last edited by jackal2; 18-02-2024 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ...agree, we should state if we were at the match. We played against a team of bullies, as usual. The ref and all his relations probably stayed in 5* accommodation on Friday night. Nemane: what is it about you knockers ... we know he's not a defender; but in the second half he was a real threat and they struggled to cope with him. Robertson: he's an important addition showing grit and steel; he didn't stand for the bullying and the weak ref penalised him. Whoever suggested him as full back must be mental. We are a very good team and as yet still developing and Wrexham knew it. Like many, wondered about the switch to aback three. On the whole the team and management go it right. You just can't make allowances for disgraceful reffing ... COYP'S
    The Blackhorse - I wasn't at the match. And my subscription to IFollow didn't work. So my ratings were based on the commentary, especially the ever superb Mr Stallard, the extended YouTube highlights and the mood of many posters. I don't know if this makes my ratings better or worse? I actually attended a live football match in Thailand last night. I haven't seen any highlights, and wouldn't feel as confident to be able to offer ratings on this match? Do you think only attendees can give ratings? How about partially sighted fans? (i'm not in this category)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast