+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I like Nemane….but couldn’t comment on his knockers!
    He has a pair ! Durham and one other!

Opposition view for what its worth. Nemane had a far better game than Langstaff who was completely anonymous bar his early chance.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I agree, but he’s also a right-winger (which should please quite a few on this board). If he plays, it needs to be on the right wing, with Jodi on the left. Or if Jodi prefers to play on the right, he should be on the bench and come on to run at a tiring defence.
    Totally agree..

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    Opposition view for what its worth. Nemane had a far better game than Langstaff who was completely anonymous bar his early chance.
    Langstaff didn't cover himself in glory by missing an easy chance created by Crowley. However the frustration for me with Nemane isn't his workrate or his inability to defend. As a winger or as a wing back his decision making and final ball are not good enough. It may be unfair to compare him with Jodi Jones as Jones is playing at a level below his ability but the discrepancy between the assists provided by each player tells you all you need to know. If Langstaff is relying on Nemane for service he will be anonymous.

Interesting that an article in the Athletic today says that Wrexham spent Friday devising a plan in training to stop Jones. Essentially they decided to have two men on him wherever he was on the pitch
    We're going to see this in games against other opponents I guess. It should give the chance for Nemane and Crowley to have more opportunities to attack
    Last edited by Could'vebeenacontender; 19-02-2024 at 12:41 PM. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    Langstaff didn't cover himself in glory by missing an easy chance created by Crowley. However the frustration for me with Nemane isn't his workrate or his inability to defend. As a winger or as a wing back his decision making and final ball are not good enough. It may be unfair to compare him with Jodi Jones as Jones is playing at a level below his ability but the discrepancy between the assists provided by each player tells you all you need to know. If Langstaff is relying on Nemane for service he will be anonymous.
    Nemane's final ball is much more standard for a League Two player, though. You've got to remember we only have Jones because we took a chance on him after he missed three years through injury - he isn't a fourth tier footballer, and Nemane wouldn't be either if he had a more consistent final ball.

I thought he played well even more out of position than usual on Saturday and is a very useful member of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Nemane's final ball is much more standard for a League Two player, though. You've got to remember we only have Jones because we took a chance on him after he missed three years through injury - he isn't a fourth tier footballer, and Nemane wouldn't be either if he had a more consistent final ball.

I thought he played well even more out of position than usual on Saturday and is a very useful member of the squad.
    We both agree that Jones is an exception but Austin, Crowley and even Langstaff (cross for McGoldrick v Newport} are better crosses of the ball than Nemane, which is his principal role. I certainly don't object to his place in the squad but for me his isn't consistent enough to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    We both agree that Jones is an exception but Austin, Crowley and even Langstaff (cross for McGoldrick v Newport} are better crosses of the ball than Nemane, which is his principal role. I certainly don't object to his place in the squad but for me his isn't consistent enough to start.
    But Nemane is much, much quicker than any of those and his main threat is getting in behind and cutting the ball back - while the others, particularly Jones and Crowley, have the quality to deliver a cross without needing to dart in behind their full back (Jones can do both, which is why he's so good).

Basically, if Nemane could deliver the ball consistently in addition to his pace and really clever movement in behind, he'd be playing in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    But Nemane is much, much quicker than any of those and his main threat is getting in behind and cutting the ball back - while the others, particularly Jones and Crowley, have the quality to deliver a cross without needing to dart in behind their full back (Jones can do both, which is why he's so good).

Basically, if Nemane could deliver the ball consistently in addition to his pace and really clever movement in behind, he'd be playing in the Championship.
    The 'pace and really clever movement in behind' are irrelevant if the end product is poor, which it generally is, re his level of assists.
    Equally having pace shouldn't exclude him from being able to cross without getting behind the defence.
    I accept this is League 2 but if we want to playing at a higher level, or at least making the play-offs we need greater quality than Nemane consistently offers.

There's no doubting Nemane's ability , just his self belief and consistency. Pace to burn , low centre of gravity to squeeze past defenders and ability to cut back passes into the penalty area.
    AM is a very frustrating player to watch because the fans know he has the beating of most defenders but doubts himself.
    Va , Va Voom push and go !
    As many say on here, he's not a RB and defensively backs off in key areas, as in the first goal at Grimsby which resulted in a late challenge by Bostock and a penalty goal.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast