+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lewis Hall

Lewis Hall

Does anybody know what the craic is with the deal we have for him?

I heard originally it was a commitment to buy in the summer, but then recently I am sure I heard Howe say words to the effect of ‘he’s on track to meet the criteria’

He’s obviously not getting game time, and given we have FFP restrictions, is he someone we HAVE to buy if the manager clearly doesn’t fancy him?

Also… if we don’t buy him it makes Chelsea’s financial position worse when they are already likely to be significantly breaching FFP rules… so they’ll be looking to make the deal happen if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Does anybody know what the craic is with the deal we have for him?

I heard originally it was a commitment to buy in the summer, but then recently I am sure I heard Howe say words to the effect of ‘he’s on track to meet the criteria’

He’s obviously not getting game time, and given we have FFP restrictions, is he someone we HAVE to buy if the manager clearly doesn’t fancy him?

Also… if we don’t buy him it makes Chelsea’s financial position worse when they are already likely to be significantly breaching FFP rules… so they’ll be looking to make the deal happen if they can.
    There's something very fishy about all of this! One gets the feeling that either HOWE doesn't rate Hall, or he doesn't like him !!!! Why would you not rest Burn and see what Hall can do by starting him for once!

Could be that, Howe thought spending money elsewhere would be better for the team, but Hall was brought in over his head anyway

I read on twitter that we're trying to get him through FFP as an academy player and to do that we have to use him sparingly.

There's definitely something fishy about it.
    I think Jammy might be onto something.
    Either that or we're potentially playing a bartering game whereas we don't give him the required quota of games to trigger the obligation which may gain us the opportunity of reducing his fee.

I think Jammy might be closest to the reality.
    It is intriguing.

Aye, there's a rabbit off somewhere. I suspect it's almost exclusively to do with ffp.

Agreed Zip.

Another theory I read today is that we don't trigger the option because he hasn't met game time.

Chelsea for FFP are desperate to sell.

We go in with another offer that is lower but they may well take.

Because he hasn't played much this season, we've also devalued him to lots of other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed Zip.

Another theory I read today is that we don't trigger the option because he hasn't met game time.

Chelsea for FFP are desperate to sell.

We go in with another offer that is lower but they may well take.

Because he hasn't played much this season, we've also devalued him to lots of other clubs.
    You might be right - sounds plausible.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)