+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Warnock seemed quite despondent in his interview. Says they are a lovely bunch of lads but unfortunately all weak and wimpy (sic) and that he hasn't got a clue how to make them better. A huge turnover in personnel for the new manager according to him. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    No point playing Gartenmann get him back to Denmark,

Sod loan players get the kids in and give them a shot,

Cannae dae any worse
    He’s absolutely dreadful. Can’t head a ball, gets bullied all the time, zero composure when under pressure, caught out of position constantly.

And they have been talking about signing him permanently 😳😂🤦

Just sums up the complete shambles we are currently…
    Last edited by The_Moog; 24-02-2024 at 06:42 PM.

Just listened to his post match interview.

He's not pulling any punches with the players. He sounds as frustrated as we all are.

He's not wrong on the nasty streak front either, a real soft underbelly in our squad, we just roll over and take it time and time again.

He really can't line us up with the same back four on Wednesday night, he has to try something different as Leveins team are usually even more physical than Killie.

Matty Kennedys goal today put him ahead of goals he got with us in three seasons.

That is a mental stat.

It wasn’t that long ago I said we signed a load of duds in the summer and I was told that it was a good squad of players that were being poorly coached by Robson and a proper manager would get a tune out of these players.

If Warnock was 10 years younger with the potential of being here beyond this season I would have been willing to give him a chance but at 75 years old and being the interim manager was never what we needed.Just a vanity project by Cormack appointing him.

I saw him saying Miovski was poor today,maybe he was but that’s him probably downed tools as well now,although this ****show we are in is not down to Warnock he hasn’t done a lot right since he came in.

As much as I don’t think appointing Warnock as interim manager was the right decision I don’t this is his fault, I said it after Goodwin got sacked and it’s the same under Warnock now. The manager isn’t the biggest problem at the club the chairman is the biggest problem and we are only going to worse as long as he is in charge.

Neil Warnock is honest as they come. His summary is something we the fans have known for years
    We are soft as putty in midfield and are defenders simply clueless and cannot do the basics
    I had high hopes for the scandinavian players but they have been huge letdown
    But are midfield needs gutting for next season are players are to timed they cannot or won't tackle and physically weak
    Another couple of losses and we are heading for a potential relegation battle.
    This squad has not preformed at all this season and the consequences of are present position we cost us millions in lost European revenue for next season. Does anyone actually think we are going to the top six ? I think that ship has sailed
    The FMB have there work cut out trying to attract a decent manger for next season based on this seasons shambolic team preformance
    Honestly a huge rebuild next season required yet again with a balanced team of players who can actually tackle and defend required

Sadly, my doubts re Warnock as interim manager are being justified.

Where Barry Robson was a good choice as interim manager was his knowledge/experience of the players, the team, the club, the opposition and the Scottish game in general. Warnock had next to no such prior knowledge/experience.

We all agreed things had to change, and as much as we wanted Robbo to succeed, few could justify keeping him on any longer .... even if some of us, including myself, had been, up to that point of no return, in favour of giving him more time.

And now, whether we were right or wrong, time is something we no longer have.

It has been said, if you give a monkey an infinite amount of time and a typewriter, it will eventually produce the entire works of Shakespeare in every European language and dialect.

But time is not on our side, yet Warnock seems be be 'monkeying' around ... and still looking for the fkn typewriter (clue Mr W ... it's hiding behind the fkn tombola!)

As Ah said, Robbo at least knew what was at his disposal ... and maybe so did Peter Leven .... he did nae bad in his only game in charge ... compare 1-1 v Celtic with 1-3 and 0-6!! Some might call that 'progress' fk knows, we've seen none since!

We were/are not in a position to have someone come in and re-invent the wheel, when we could have chosen someone who could have fixed a few spokes and pumped up the tyres enough to steady the shi... err ... pushbike.

There's no point in concerning oneself about what you wish you had or don't have ... you have to work with what you have ... and that starts with basic recognition and understanding of what you have ... which, I still think Warnock doesn't.

If indeed "Neil Warnock is honest as they come" he would have the humility to admit his own weaknesses alongside pointing the same out in others.

Warnock's future? .... in my opinion:

If we end up in the bottom 6, he should be sacked.
    If we end up in the top six, he should be 'sacked politely' and be moved on in favour of a new manager on a 1 year contract ... giving the new man time to play 5 meaningless games and assess ahead of a summer transfer window.
    Or if we end up at least safe from relegation ahead of the split, we sack him sooner giving the new man more than 5 meaningless games to assess ahead of a summer transfer window.

Warnock is gone in May, come what may.
    He can only p1ss with the cock he's got.
    The cock he's got isnae John Holmes.....nae even Ron Jeremy.
    He's, hopefully, by now sussed thw

the internal dynamic enough to keep us out of serious nonsense.
    Fu ck me, we need gutting in the summer.
    We are rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Warnock is gone in May, come what may.
    He can only p1ss with the cock he's got
    Aye ... true ... but ... if he wants his cock tae dae better than jist piss ... he needs tae be reminded o' fit else it's fkn good for .. ither than spikkin oot o' it and claimin' it's comin fae his fkn 'vastly experienced fitba brain'.

I propose he shows oor best reds he can still get a fkn stiffy afore he accuses the guys fa are actually charged wi' gettin ther blood up wi' bein' limp.

Cocks? ... fk sake .. the guy is already clutchin' at straas cos at least it pleases his ɯáńkin hand .... !

Cock he's got? .... sorry, Ah'm nae bein ageist .. Ah'm gettin on masel ... but in order tae get it hard, yev nae only tae be 'hands on' ... but yer heid needs tae be in the right place.... itherwise, anither heid and hand(s) might get that same cock 'pumpin'
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 25-02-2024 at 02:29 AM.

We are obviously in a bad place but this can be rectified and it’s upto our lazy (and wimpy) players. Train a lot harder and preferably full throttle, fully focus on football, improve on their skills etc outside of training, get physically stronger, develop a winning mentality, stop blaming others on the pitch and totally focus on your own game and love playing for Aberdeen.

I would hazard a guess that next to no one at the club is giving 100 percent. To be a top player you need to go above and beyond. That’s the price of success in football.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast