+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has Kompany a Future

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That's not really the case army, I pointed out before the Arsenal game, foolishly as it turned out, that we hadn't conceded more than three in the previous 18 games. Up until Saturday we hadn't lost a game this season by more than three goals and the only teams to score more than three against us were Chelsea and Spurs.
    Pre-match review: "For the Gunners it really is a case of take your pick, household names like Saka, Rice, Saliba, Gabriel, Jesus and Odegaard are all in cracking form and provided the backbone of the team that slaughtered the Irons last weekend. It really is hard to see how Burnley can prevent them from scoring a bagful of goals." Does 5-0 count as a "bagful of goals?"

It is easy to criticise Everton and their style of play etc., etc., however, they have won 8 games and drawn 6 and, in spite of their not being able to score goals, they have scored more than we have and conceded 22 fewer than us.

Our fans wanted passing football, however, now that we are playing that way, they are all moaning about it and can't even be bothered to stay on the ground and support the team.
    Burnley fans ---what do you really want? I have seen 9 promotions and 9 relegations covering all divisioins and I still look forward to going on the Turf, no matter what the result, that's football at its best and worst.

From a BFC Facebook page:

Right....... First of all I'm not one of the fans that slag the team down every game or every time they feck up.
    But, I have bitten my tongue all season. But, enough is enough.
    Either VK is a fecking genius that us inferior mortals cant see or grasp, or he's off his bald napper.
    Whichever it is, it is as clear as mud, that he's taken or slowly taking the heart out of a hell of a lot of the supporters, who pay hard earned money to watch over paid and privileged, supposedly professionals, go through the motions.
    On Saturday I saw Burnley on a wet , cold and swirling windy day out bullied by the prima donnas from Norwfffff Landonnn. Where the feck has the passion gone? Where the feck has the pride gone? Where the feck has the gonads gone?
    I remember not to long ago Arsene Wenger whinging weeks before visiting the Turf because we were too rough and the referee should be protecting his likkle girls from possibly breaking a well manicured finger nail.
    On Saturday we welcomed back on the pitch our Jay. In all of the 90+ minutes he was the only one that went into a 50/50 crunching tackle, won it, got off his arse and chased and got the ball again.
    1 fecking tackle that can wake up the blanket covered owd lads and girls from their slumbers in the BLS.
    If you watch the full game it showed Jay, close up, as I have never seen him before. We saw him so disheartened because he can see what we all can see. Unless this team grows some huge *******s soon, when and if ( see still hoping) we go do go down. We will be bullied even more with this team. UTC

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    From a BFC Facebook page:

Right....... First of all I'm not one of the fans that slag the team down every game or every time they feck up.
    But, I have bitten my tongue all season. But, enough is enough.
    Either VK is a fecking genius that us inferior mortals cant see or grasp, or he's off his bald napper.
    Whichever it is, it is as clear as mud, that he's taken or slowly taking the heart out of a hell of a lot of the supporters, who pay hard earned money to watch over paid and privileged, supposedly professionals, go through the motions.
    On Saturday I saw Burnley on a wet , cold and swirling windy day out bullied by the prima donnas from Norwfffff Landonnn. Where the feck has the passion gone? Where the feck has the pride gone? Where the feck has the gonads gone?
    I remember not to long ago Arsene Wenger whinging weeks before visiting the Turf because we were too rough and the referee should be protecting his likkle girls from possibly breaking a well manicured finger nail.
    On Saturday we welcomed back on the pitch our Jay. In all of the 90+ minutes he was the only one that went into a 50/50 crunching tackle, won it, got off his arse and chased and got the ball again.
    1 fecking tackle that can wake up the blanket covered owd lads and girls from their slumbers in the BLS.
    If you watch the full game it showed Jay, close up, as I have never seen him before. We saw him so disheartened because he can see what we all can see. Unless this team grows some huge *******s soon, when and if ( see still hoping) we go do go down. We will be bullied even more with this team. UTC
    Nothing new under the sun, Stan was forever moaning about his teams throwing one in, as long suffering Burnley fans we were well used to it. As the usual Saturday night whinge-fest drags on into Tuesday this week, you'd never believe that this team was outplaying Liverpool for 45 minutes at Anfield just a week ago.

"Saturday night whinge-fest".

"because we were too rough and the referee should be protecting his likkle girls from possibly breaking a well manicured finger nail."

Footy fans opinions - you have to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "Saturday night whinge-fest".

"because we were too rough and the referee should be protecting his likkle girls from possibly breaking a well manicured finger nail."

Footy fans opinions - you have to laugh.
    Ah yes, one of Arsene Wenger's gripes about the Clarets, of which there were many!
    Just a reminder that he is now FIFA's Chief of Global Football Development and always has a big say in where the game is going.

Perhaps this is one of the major reasons that we are now seeing a game where any phsical contact is being penalised in one way or another. Why good tackles, where the ball is won fairly and squarely, are being penalised because too much force was used, it was reckless, it endangered an opponent etc., etc. ad nauseam.

Why officials are between a rock and a hard place in trying to officiate. It was always a difficult job, however, with all the Law Changes, the introduction of VAR etc. the job is almost impossible ---until the new generation of officials come into the top level with their very different interpretation of the Laws which will have been coached into them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)