+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has Kompany a Future

Has Kompany a Future

That's a question many ask,not if but when!!
    Realistically, if VK returned the club back to the Premier League again; my faith in him has
    frankly evaporated-I won't forgive this wasted season which offered so much optimism last
    year
    He has been described by many supporters as an enigma wrapped up in a puzzle.
    His media cronies laud his style of play (tongue in cheek)
    I am sure he believes (he certainly acts like the second coming) that he will one day become
    Man City manager (stranger things have happened)
    His recruitment,team selection and tactics just baffle me and many others.
    I have been a Burnley fan for over 60 years, and in all honesty I have never seen such an
    embarrassing collapse as occurred yesterday against Arsenal.
    Does Pace/Kompany seem to care-I am sure they do but as they say someone has “lost the
    plot”
    We need a comprehensive “clear -out” and I doubt from what I have seen on the pitch that
    we will see any massive returns on investment!
    The team has no captain, and nor do I see anyone capable of doing the job on the current
    playing staff.
    Yesterday was total surrender, described by one pundit as like watching 5 a side juniors.
    Fight,Spine,Aggression and Pride were lacking-Rodruigez was embarrassed when he came
    on and I was not surprised.
    A pragmatic and inspirational manager would be ideal
    I am not holding my breath though-VK fits the bill for ALK and all the wokerate but not mine.
    I have now totally lost my faith in the club,its leadership and direction.

We are certainly carrying an awful lot of dead weight DtP66 and like our mate sinkov suggested a few weeks ago, it really is hard to see how selling most of them can hardly cover our losses.

It conclusively dawned on me after 46 minutes on Saturday ALK do not have a (Mormon) prayer of keeping us up and it was reported yesterday they are looking for more "outside investment".

After the euphoria of May things have taken an almighty turn for the worse in the short space of nine months.

Like army88 I'm not in favour of playing the "blame game" but someone is responsible for this $hitfest. But who?

Many years ago there was a “super group” called Blind Faith. Clapton, Winwood, Grech and Baker. I sometimes think they chose that name because the fans had “blind faith” in them as Demi-gods. Their one album was disappointing.

I think that ALK has blind faith in VK and his staff. VK was proved right last season and we were the demi-gods of the Championship. Like Icarus we were promoted too early and flew too close to the sun. The PL is exposing us for what we are.

We should have gone into the PL with fundamentally the same players, with replacements for the loanees. Is Cullen really worse than Berge, Ramsey, Brownhill? Is Trafford better than Muric, Estève better than Ekdal? Where is Zaroury?

I don’t think ALK can be criticised too much for backing VK after last season, but whoever is responsible for identifying talent and recruitment has got it seriously wrong if last Saturday is anything to go by.

You can say that again SC "Whoever is responsible for identifying talent and recruitment has got it seriously wrong" is almost an understatement.

Saturday provided me with my first chance to see Esteve live.

I was totally underwhelmed.

We have Beyer, Ekdal and Al-Dakhil and I fail to understand how we benefit whatsoever from the arrival of Esteve.

Same with Tresor. He is absolutely not an improvement on Benson and/or Zaroury.

What's with these bloody stupid vanity projects?

He is bloody lucky he isn't managing West Ham, they would have thrown him to the wolves by now, along with the chairman.

The performances we have witnessed at home this season can't go on much longer, without a change of management or action to remove this incompitant rabble

The moral of our fans base is as low as I have ever seen it since the mid 80s.

I have been a season ticket holder since the 70s and I am seriously considering giving it up if Kompany is at the helm next season

Seriously guys,this is the same manager that did unbelievable things with a team squad who over half of them nobody had heard of last season,so he got something right. This season things have gone badly wrong, I don't think the squad is as bad as the results suggest,so ive got to say that we fully back him and give him another season.If things are starting to go tits up after the first couple of months then get shut of him,but in my honest opinion I think he will have learnt a lot this season about life in the Premier league and will be chomping at the bit to get us back in there..Anyway we not down yet and miracles can happen..😏

You would have thought that with all his experience in the PL with City, he would have known what it takes to keep a team in the top flight. It’s obvious he didn’t take all his knowledge into this season. The fans have been badly let down and relegation just cannot be part of the so- called 5 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Saturday provided me with my first chance to see Esteve live.

I was totally underwhelmed.

We have Beyer, Ekdal and Al-Dakhil and I fail to understand how we benefit whatsoever from the arrival of Esteve.
    Here you go again mon ami, rushing to judgement, you did it with Foster and had to wipe the egg off your face, now it's Esteve. Arsenal had scored 16 goals in their previous four PL games, Esteve on only his second start at this level, was facing what is arguably the most lethal attacking force currently playing in World football.

You write him off if you want mon ami, I'll wait to see a bit more of him before I make my mind up.

It is a wake up call for a lot of our fans… I can see that. I’m not sure if it is for VK though. He knows the game even if he is mostly familiar with life on the top end of the table. I agree that he has made huge mistakes , but I hope he will be wiser for it, even though I’m not convinced that he will. I’ve said it before that Sean Dyche built the club. He understood success, the Burnley way. VK is trying to build a winning team, but is looking for shortcuts with players on loan instead of building a solid team. Dyche commented on this a couple of weeks ago saying something like “some put too much emphasis on talent when building a team, and it’s important, but you can come a long way with character too”. VK is not quite there yet imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)