+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Collins

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    You make a lot of good points there.

I particularly love our resilience this season. Although I wish we didn’t have to come from behind quite as much as we have done but it’s great to see us fight until the very end. Not many better feelings than the Leyton Orient last minute winner.

Some of the home games this season have been a bit frustrating when opposition teams sit deep and we are passing between our centre backs but I’ve been a Collins fan for a while now and can look beyond it. The results and goals scored statistics speak for themselves.

You’re right about the pond of players we’ll be looking in during the summer should we not gain promotion. Obviously every season is important but it feels like there’s that bit extra riding on it this season given the number of players we have out of contract in the summer.
    Agree with that Nerf.

Looking at the odds for promotion, It's a slim possibility of us getting second place. We are currently an 8/1 shot for automatic.

We are 1/8 odds on to finish in the top 6.

We are currently 9/4 to be promoted.

I bet those prices were longer after 20 games but that's how the bookies see it.

Personally, I think a top 2 finish may be beyond our reach based on my observations this season.

Qualifying for the play offs look a certainty but as we saw last season, owt can happen in knockout football. We shall have to see.

Should we not be promoted in May then it's a big and difficult job for Collins next season to keep us challenging. You're right, much rides on the next 2 and a half months.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree with that Nerf.

Looking at the odds for promotion, It's a slim possibility of us getting second place. We are currently an 8/1 shot for automatic.

We are 1/8 odds on to finish in the top 6.

We are currently 9/4 to be promoted.

I bet those prices were longer after 20 games but that's how the bookies see it.

Personally, I think a top 2 finish may be beyond our reach based on my observations this season.

Qualifying for the play offs look a certainty but as we saw last season, owt can happen in knockout football. We shall have to see.

Should we not be promoted in May then it's a big and difficult job for Collins next season to keep us challenging. You're right, much rides on the next 2 and a half months.
    As each games passes now I am finding myself looking at the run in more and more. But I know it’s too early to be worrying about others, concentrate on ourselves first.

Having said that, the following site analyses fixtures and seems to show Pompey having a much harder run in than others, with Derby having a more favourable fixture list. https://www.soccerstats.com/table.as...ngland3&tid=10

I do agree with you though, I think the top 2 is probably a step too far. Those disappointing home games against Pompey, Oxford and Peterborough will likely cost us. Look forward to another Wembley trip, hopefully with a better outcome this time!

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    As each games passes now I am finding myself looking at the run in more and more. But I know it’s too early to be worrying about others, concentrate on ourselves first.

Having said that, the following site analyses fixtures and seems to show Pompey having a much harder run in than others, with Derby having a more favourable fixture list. https://www.soccerstats.com/table.as...ngland3&tid=10

I do agree with you though, I think the top 2 is probably a step too far. Those disappointing home games against Pompey, Oxford and Peterborough will likely cost us. Look forward to another Wembley trip, hopefully with a better outcome this time!

It's a good site is Soccerstats.com. I used it for a few years now to assist me with my weekly football bets.

The fact that we are laiking catch up (just like last season) is the reason why I think we'll fall short of an automatic spot. You never know though, we've only lost twice in the last 22 league games and that is a statistic that deserves respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Have you actually read the article to which the post was put on to discuss ?
    JAQ tweeted it.
    I read it before I saw it posted on here.
    Dint make me change my opinion about Collins one bit.
    So yes I’ve read it - why?

The sad inevitability is, should we be promoted, we would be a bottom six Championship club and, should the club make a poor start, Collins will be sacked by October with fickle fans (not meaning anyone on here) will be booing and calling for his head.

I hope to be proved wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The sad inevitability is, should we be promoted, we would be a bottom six Championship club and, should the club make a poor start, Collins will be sacked by October with fickle fans (not meaning anyone on here) will be booing and calling for his head.

I hope to be proved wrong.
    Unfortunately SB - IMO you would be proved right.
    That is of course if Collins continues to play as we are doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    JAQ tweeted it.
    I read it before I saw it posted on here.
    Dint make me change my opinion about Collins one bit.
    So yes I’ve read it - why?
    Firstly it has nothing to do with JaQ , & I ask the question if you had read it because the thread was about Collins route into coaching & football with the unusual direction of him being a coach before being a pro player, it highlights his connection with two ex Barnsley players in Wilson & McCarthy & their influence on him , also it talks about the path he took when going to the States . I opened the thread thinking it was an unusually interesting article about our current HC what the Tykes Mad faithful might enjoy & nothing to do with wanting to change anyone"s opinion about anyone but no , you have to try & turn into a thread about your beloved James Cryne & his recruitment data system & that is why I asked if you had read the article which clearly was talking about Collins career path & nothing to do with club strategy , we have hears your thoughts on that countless times but still you have to hijack this thread to once again bang the same drum . I am now thinking what is the point of starting any threads in the future ?

Just reflect for a while on your last sentence Shads.

YN can often stir things as a wind up merchant but it is important to always rise above it.

It is the nature of social media message boards. TykesMad is relatively civilised and posters usually "attack the issue" rather than "attacking the person" who has posted the message. YN was banned from BBS becoming involved in a personal abuse spat. The last person to use personal abuse on here is still to give an apology by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Firstly it has nothing to do with JaQ , & I ask the question if you had read it because the thread was about Collins route into coaching & football with the unusual direction of him being a coach before being a pro player, it highlights his connection with two ex Barnsley players in Wilson & McCarthy & their influence on him , also it talks about the path he took when going to the States . I opened the thread thinking it was an unusually interesting article about our current HC what the Tykes Mad faithful might enjoy & nothing to do with wanting to change anyone"s opinion about anyone but no , you have to try & turn into a thread about your beloved James Cryne & his recruitment data system & that is why I asked if you had read the article which clearly was talking about Collins career path & nothing to do with club strategy , we have hears your thoughts on that countless times but still you have to hijack this thread to once again bang the same drum . I am now thinking what is the point of starting any threads in the future ?
    Shads - you obviously love Collins.
    I don’t.
    I don’t dislike him - I just think he’s not the right fit for Barnsley especially in light of how the recruitment system works.

BTW - you know when you encourage people to read something and then say - ‘for those that have been critical of him it might give them food for thought’ - what do you actually mean by that ???
    Do you mean that people should read it - then give it food for thought - but then keep those thoughts to themselves ???
    Just asking for a friend.

I think he’s getting the read of our squad
    The last few games have shown he might have dropped a boll0k with the starters but has been able to adapt 2nd half
    You could argue he’s at fault for starting that first 11 but we don’t know what has happened in training that week
    I think we’re still a work in progress and are getting better every game
    I didn’t think we were no where near going up but as the season goes by I am beginning to dream

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast