+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neil Collins

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agree with that Nerf.

Looking at the odds for promotion, It's a slim possibility of us getting second place. We are currently an 8/1 shot for automatic.

We are 1/8 odds on to finish in the top 6.

We are currently 9/4 to be promoted.

I bet those prices were longer after 20 games but that's how the bookies see it.

Personally, I think a top 2 finish may be beyond our reach based on my observations this season.

Qualifying for the play offs look a certainty but as we saw last season, owt can happen in knockout football. We shall have to see.

Should we not be promoted in May then it's a big and difficult job for Collins next season to keep us challenging. You're right, much rides on the next 2 and a half months.
    My view of the end of season is this.
    We will go to Wembley (yet again) but win this time.
    But but but - we should not be put in the risky position of having to go through the playoffs - when we have a squad of players that IMO should be well and truly out of sight at the top of the league by now.

We have proved this by winning most games against the top clubs - we have yet to play a team that has players as good as what we have at Barnsley.
    But then we go out and fail miserably against teams with only half the talent.
    Time and time again this season we have thrown away points when playing against poor opponents.
    Even though we sit 4th in the league it’ is still uninspiring to see where we are.

Good read that didn’t know he was a coach at heart, you definitely wouldn’t have thought it with some starting 11’s he’s picked, the tactics employed sometimes or the subs he’s made, but appears to be improving with each game.
    I believe the next 3 games will have a massive impact on where our season will go! Derby and Bolton at home and Wycombe away.
    If we win all three then automatic promotion will be there for the taking, 7 points will not be a disaster but I think 3 or 4 will mean the play off’s?
    It’s getting down to squeaky bum time, however I am a lot more confident than I was before January with Earl and Pines coming in.

Perky - what tha doing !?!?!
    I’m the only Daffyd in this village 😊
    Collins doubter.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

We have proved this by winning most games against the top clubs -

Against the top five--

Barnsley 1 Peterborough 3
    Barnsley 2 Portsmouth 3
    Derby 3 Barnsley 0
    Bolton 1 Barnsley 1
    Peterborough 2 Barnsley 2

Lets start with gerrin the facts reyt Nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Against the top five--

Barnsley 2 Portsmouth 3
    Derby 3 Barnsley 0
    Bolton 1 Barnsley 1

Edit--Oxford now in top five following last night's draw so add

Barnsley 1 Oxford 3
    Oxford 0 Barnsley 1

and make it the top six W1 D2 L4
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-02-2024 at 08:17 AM.

Against the top five--

Barnsley 2 Portsmouth 3
    Derby 3 Barnsley 0
    Bolton 1 Barnsley 1

I’m obviously talking about recent results.
    Because as everyone knows it took Collins 4 months just to understand how Barnsley had been playing under Ismael and Duff.
    But even in those early month loses - sometimes against clubs lower in the league, I’ve seen nothing yet that’s better than what Barnsley has.

Compare this season to last when it was a much tougher league.
    But even then I think only the top two had better teams (not players) than what Barnsley had.
    Sadly on the 3rd attempt we lost against Wendy - but we battered them at their ground and at ours.

Its a weak league this season.
    IMO we should be way out in front by now.

And we are a weaker team than last season.

Doing well to be where we are.

I think some of Collins early team selections and tactics lost us points early on in the season and we still can’t sort our home form out.

That’s why we’re playing catch-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I’m obviously talking about recent results.
    Because as everyone knows it took Collins 4 months just to understand how Barnsley had been playing under Ismael and Duff.
    I thought the pre December defeats were down to the Board/ Recruitment Team hoping to get away with bringing in free, inexperienced non league/ lower league players both in defence and in attack.

That policy failed and they had to up the level of leagues they recruited from and bring in loans, whilst shifting the initial batch out on loan.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-02-2024 at 02:08 PM.

I thought the pre December defeats were down to the Board/ Recruitment Team hoping to get away with bringing in free, inexperienced non league/ lower league players both in defence and in attack.

That policy failed and they had to up the level of leagues they recruited from and bring in loans, whilst shifting the initial batch out on loan.
    So they brought in more free, relatively inexperienced players from clubs that are lower down the leagues.

I’m hoping that Pines and Earl will be great additions.
    But I feel Lopata and Shepherd have been made scapegoats - in an attempt to mask the disorganisation of the defensive duties of the whole team.
    Not just the 3 central defenders - but all of the team.
    If Pines and Earl are to be successful it’s not just their ability to defend that will be judged it’s also their ability to organise the team around them.

We should be top of the league. It's absolutely shameful. Shameful I say. Collins art!!

Thaz gotta laugh ent tha

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast