+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Queens Park (H) Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Was meaning Goodwin, but you're right.
    him anaw

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Bit harsh on Cujoe to say he is all flash in the pan, he can unlock a defence with a pass like he did for winner at East End Park, or Moults goal v Arbroath first game of season, plus I think he has the same amount of goals as Middleton despite maybe a sixth of the game time? Cujoe problems are his physicality, he is too small to be effective over a distance, especially on the wing, he would have to beat his full back about six times from the halfway line because they will just keep catching up with him. He would probably be more effective through the middle, he can beat a man and slip a pass through, pace less important. I think he has been criminally under used by Goodwin off the bench at least in home games when we have become totally predictable, he just gets predictably stuck on late on the wing.

Middleton has done well with assists this season, but we have been totally predicatable to play against at times because he tends to just go outside. I'd probably still be starting him away games, in part because he offers good defensive cover with McMann. I also think Middleton should be getting moved behind the main striker during some games, he had a decent shot, could be effective, but Goodwin has just been totally predicatble up to yesterday with his formation and selection. Shame Wetherspoon got injured, he looked good, Fotheringham seems to have gone of the boil a bit.

I do wonder why Goodwin decided to wait to yesterday to implement changes, after a decent performance if not result, when we've been crying out for changed during other games and he has done nothing.
    Agree about Middleton. Could easily play off Moult for periods in games. Said a few weeks ago that he and Kai should be swapped occasionally during matches just to give the opposition something different to think about.
    Maybe Goodwin is finally realising that we've been too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    I thought it was cause he was Boo'd
    I didn’t think the boos were directed towards him, I thought it was because Cudjoe was being taken off.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Apart from booing Cudjoe going off and making Middleton feel unwelcome, I know it was more Cudjoe getting subbed but that's a boy who is all flash and no substance for the most part, he didn't show any end product our left side with him and Thomson (who is not a right back and will cost us if we stick with it) was where we were vulnerable

Middleton is a much better player than Cudjoe for us, he has the most assists in league and must be on 4-5 goals too

We looked better with Middleton left and Fotheringham right and was glad to see Middleton react to the criticism he gets at the goal

I hope Goodwin doesn't buckle to any online noise about players,we got away with it yesterday but I hope to see you Middleton and Grimshaw back in the starting line up on Tues, and especially away at Partick and Morton on the Sat/Tues
    We’ve got 5 games in a couple of weeks. I think Goodwin is trying to conserve energy/ avoid injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdyteejay2 View Post
    I didn’t think the boos were directed towards him, I thought it was because Cudjoe was being taken off.
    I thought that too but a mate said he was actually boo'd when he was on the ball ?

I thought that too but a mate said he was actually boo'd when he was on the ball ?
    Wow, unbelievable set of fans we’ve got.

I never heard this! Why would anyone boo him? His crossing was pi5h but he was doing OK on the ball.Not a booer myself and I've only ever booed 1 Utd player in my life and that was Willo Flood but he was wearing a Sheepies strip at the time so fk him. Why do folk boo anyway? I don't really hear it during the game being aimed at specific players but I do hear it when the HT whistle blows now and again🙄

georgie fleming took a lot of boos.back inthe day.never bood him my sell but abody to there own.

I was a bit critical in my post regarding the game but having watched it back we weren’t that bad. We still need to move the ball quicker at times and decision making needs to improve a bit.

Also thought Thomson played well and I prob focused on what he didn’t do well instead of what he did.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)