+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (H) Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tijuanataxi View Post
    DUNDEE UNITED.3.QUEENS PARK.1.End off. 3 p0ints.
    HERE HERE as long as we win I personally couldn't care how we played.

Agree with others that the 3 POINTS are all that matters

Looking to the future

Miller T played really well though I don’t think I’d be playing him ever my week at right back.

His corners were really good and he clearly had a lot to offer

Cudjoe was brilliant and made a real difference today. We should be playing him

Moult - he is there to score goals and credit for a great free kick that got us back in the game

Grieve - not sure what the point is with him so far though he got the assist today. He’s a willing runner but not able to produce much

Kai - not been at his best for a few weeks now and needs to up it

Gallagher - important and hopefully can bring us some clean sheets in the matches to come

Watt was brutal today, lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. I didn't think Thomson was very good, no way he was better than Grimshaw and it's a real head scratcher the change. Gallagher strolled the game, quality.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Watt was brutal today, lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away. I didn't think Thomson was very good, no way he was better than Grimshaw and it's a real head scratcher the change. Gallagher strolled the game, quality.
    👍 as I saw it too Terry. Watt frustrates the hell out of me. So often causes attacks to break down but likely to come up with a goal that matters at some point.

Goodwin absolutely raving about young Thomson in the post match interview. Call me cynical aye 😎 but makes me wonder if there's interest from another club.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think Watt was trying to play through balls that didn’t always come off but I felt he was trying to create which was good

Tilson I felt was the one that gave the ball away needlessly the most

The change in selection did at least give a few more options and nobody did too bad imo

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think Watt was trying to play through balls that didn’t always come off but I felt he was trying to create which was good

Tilson I felt was the one that gave the ball away needlessly the most

The change in selection did at least give a few more options and nobody did too bad imo
    Agree, felt the same about Tilson, then he got the goal

Good to see the response from the players when we lost the goal, support remained solid and the singing section did well

Hard to guess the starting eleven for Tuesday night

Just a thought. See if we'd had three Gallagher-type signings, we would be miles ahead in the league by now. However we got him in it was a good job well done. Hope he's here for a while.

I do not agree with the Tony Tony Watt-bashing. I'd rather have him in my team rather than the opposition. He gives us a bit of much-needed clout. He is a lot on the ball & if he sometimes does lose possession then there are twice as many good links-up with his play. From where I sit there's a current trend to make him the boo-boy, hear the moans even before the ball reaches him.

Ach well that's how it is today. Fans used to be fans. These days it's come to Tannadice to get a good moan.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Agree, felt the same about Tilson, then he got the goal

Good to see the response from the players when we lost the goal, support remained solid and the singing section did well

Hard to guess the starting eleven for Tuesday night
    on at least 3 occasions Tilson passed the ball clean out the park nowhere near a player. Incredible stuff

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    on at least 3 occasions Tilson passed the ball clean out the park nowhere near a player. Incredible stuff
    Our passing has been pretty bad for a wee while now but at least we are still trying to play through it and not giving up. The teams in this league are 5hite so we are getting away with the sloppiness most of the time and I'd say outside of Gallacher and Sibbald every player was culpable yesterday of more than 1 stray pass and if you looked at Moult's body language after he scored that cracking free kick you could tell he was annoyed with himself with his days work until the the free kick but then he realised he'd just scored a cracker so decided to celebrate.

We were worthy winners in the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Our passing has been pretty bad for a wee while now but at least we are still trying to play through it and not giving up. The teams in this league are 5hite so we are getting away with the sloppiness most of the time and I'd say outside of Gallacher and Sibbald every player was culpable yesterday of more than 1 stray pass and if you looked at Moult's body language after he scored that cracking free kick you could tell he was annoyed with himself with his days work until the the free kick but then he realised he'd just scored a cracker so decided to celebrate.

We were worthy winners in the end though.
    I know he has fallen out of it but wouldn’t Declan Glass be a better option when we are trying to link up and pass than Tillson ?!?

Glass was playing really well when we were winning matches at start of the league campaign

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)