+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Previous 8 games.

Previous 8 games.

1) Fulham 0 Burnley 2, 3 pnts. say no more

2) Burnley 0 Liverpool 2, still in the game until Jota made it 0-2 right at the death.

3) Aston Villa 3 Burnley 2, robbed of a point by another ludicrous VAR decision.

4) Tottenham 1 Burnley 0, a 30 yard screamer from Porro with 12 minutes to go was the only difference between the teams.

5) Burnley 1 Luton 1, robbed of a win by yet another ludicrous VAR decision.

6) City 3 Burnley 1, never looked like turning into the City goal-fest many were predicting.

7) Burnley 2 Fulham 2, quite an impressive late fightback from a team that's got no fight in it.

8) Liverpool 3-Burnley 1, as they came off at half time I can recall the comms saying Liverpool were lucky they weren't behind.

But for the VAR jokers we'd have had 8 points from 7 games, that equates to 43 points in a full season and well away from the relegation zone. Saturday was a shocker but, as ever, a bit of perspective is required.

Thanks for the perspective Sinkov! We have 13 left to play now, and it should be possible to gather a few points. Tottenham the highest ranking one on 5th place, then united on 6th, Newcastle and Chelsea. Fingers crossed!

But what do you think Sinkov about us getting three players in the January transfer window, and they all get a place in the starting eleven straight away?? What are your thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    1) Fulham 0 Burnley 2, 3 pnts. say no more

2) Burnley 0 Liverpool 2, still in the game until Jota made it 0-2 right at the death.

3) Aston Villa 3 Burnley 2, robbed of a point by another ludicrous VAR decision.

4) Tottenham 1 Burnley 0, a 30 yard screamer from Porro with 12 minutes to go was the only difference between the teams.

5) Burnley 1 Luton 1, robbed of a win by yet another ludicrous VAR decision.

6) City 3 Burnley 1, never looked like turning into the City goal-fest many were predicting.

7) Burnley 2 Fulham 2, quite an impressive late fightback from a team that's got no fight in it.

8) Liverpool 3-Burnley 1, as they came off at half time I can recall the comms saying Liverpool were lucky they weren't behind.

But for the VAR jokers we'd have had 8 points from 7 games, that equates to 43 points in a full season and well away from the relegation zone. Saturday was a shocker but, as ever, a bit of perspective is required.
    Keep dreaming mon ami and please stop the "whataboutery".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You've lost me there mon ami, no dreaming, no whataboutery, simply the results of our last 8 games.
    Just a bit of perspective, much required imo if we're talking about sacking the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post

But what do you think Sinkov about us getting three players in the January transfer window, and they all get a place in the starting eleven straight away?? What are your thoughts on that?
    I've no problem with it Will, no point signing players to sit on the bench at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You've lost me there mon ami, no dreaming, no whataboutery, simply the results of our last 8 games.
    Just a bit of perspective, much required imo if we're talking about sacking the manager.
    Saturday was an absolute f*cking shambles mon ami. I was not proud to be a supporter of Burnley.

It's not OK to have a positive discourse on the team, the players and the manager from the sanctuary of the Ribble Valley. Watching our lot live is becoming a very serious challenge.

Don't rely on my judgement, ask any of the 10,000 who had departed long before the final whistle.

Saturday was an absolute f*cking shambles mon ami. I was not proud to be a supporter of Burnley.

It's not OK to have a positive discourse on the team, the players and the manager from the sanctuary of the Ribble Valley. Watching our lot live is becoming a very serious challenge.

Don't rely on my judgement, ask any of the 10,000 who had departed long before the final whistle.
    Why ask 10000 plastics for their opinion ---they didn't watch the whole game and will probably not be back this season. Their choice, however, in 72 years supporting the Clarets, I have never left early even when I have had a 300+ mile drive home and that was during the 1970s. At least I only had 240 mile drive home in the halcyon days of the mid and late 80s!

FFS mon ami, I've seen more ****e displays from Burnley teams over the years than I've had hot dinners, I once spent 48 hours driving up from the south of France one cold, foggy, wet and windy December to see us lose 6-2 at home to Rotherham, so a spanking off the Arsenal is hardly going to get me chucking my toys out of the pram. And my post wasn't referring to the Arsenal debacle, it was about the previous eight games.

Posts 7 & 8 #.

It was one of those "You had to be there" moments to realise how bad it was chaps.

The expectations pre-season after strolling the Championship did not include a gutless, whimpering relegation.

VK chops and changes his line-ups on a whim & a prayer.

The whole situation is mesmerizingly appalling.

Get a grip BT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)