+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Two blocks of shares issued by Dundee Football Club Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    He will do to those that ain't fussed about certain things.
    Im only fussed about the club being run well with no chance of folding,you can speculate all you want about playing at the dump,it hasnt happened yet.We have had fans favourites like melville promise the world then almost kill the club.
    Of course the next few years can change all that but most dundee fans I would imagine are happier with a stable club than what we have had before.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Im only fussed about the club being run well with no chance of folding,you can speculate all you want about playing at the dump,it hasnt happened yet.We have had fans favourites like melville promise the world then almost kill the club.
    Of course the next few years can change all that but most dundee fans I would imagine are happier with a stable club than what we have had before.
    As I say if you ain't fussed you ain't fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd like to think not, surely you build up some affinity with the club.

But if stadium didn't happen I cud easily see us at tannadice ( despite what A shares say ) and not a penny more in losses......I wudnt have any gripe about 2......I have major gripe about 1.

Ive no time for the way Nelms interacts with supporters, I've no time for the way the club turns on it's own from time to time, I think if you take the playing side out their is no love lost between those that own, are directors and even some employees of DFC with the Dundee supporters.

I've said before that shud be the easy bit, keeping people on side who want nothing but success for your business.....it baffles me.....why they can't do that

Wee example. ......not hoses but something else that bothered me for years.......that ****ing lake behind the Cox.

They appear with a wee bit of work to have fixed it, installed a french drain and have dug a cple of wee channels into the waste ground........it's been like a lake for a decade.
    Cheers for your reply, i am of similar thoughts, i have a nagging feeling we will end up at Tannadice as i do not think the new stadium will ever be built,and if that is the case then i cant see them funding football operations at the level they do now, which will see us with really struggle on the park.

I noticed that the puddle at the Coxy turnstiles had been dealt with, maybe the Burnley groundstaff paying a bit more attention to detail etc... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I want Dundee Football Club to thrive but not with Nelms in charge.

Surely if the club is thriving and doing well that is a good thing? Or does your hatred of Nelms trump that and you would rather see the club fail as long as he is at the helm?

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    Cheers for your reply, i am of similar thoughts, i have a nagging feeling we will end up at Tannadice as i do not think the new stadium will ever be built,and if that is the case then i cant see them funding football operations at the level they do now, which will see us with really struggle on the park.

I noticed that the puddle at the Coxy turnstiles had been dealt with, maybe the Burnley groundstaff paying a bit more attention to detail etc... who knows.
    That's well put and how I see things potentially working out.

It probably won't but it cud and that's where I get annoyed at Nelmsy having no public plan B and Dens having fallen into such a state.

Him not engaging with D4L completely ****s me off as well......beyond petty.

I know I ain't getting Dens now.....no matter what

So I'm stuck between playing at a stadium Im still not convinced of (campy) or that now failing and ending up over the Rd or possibly worse.

Of those two I would obviously choose campy......even though I've no idea what the terms and conditions are gonna be.

Re the lake at back of Coxy I said to my dad I wondered if Burnley guys had did that.

The Dundee FC Community Trust is a case in point. According to the rules of Football Club Community Trusts people from a wide background with their own expert knowledge should be appointed Trustees.
    The current trustees of the Dundee FC Community Trust are Gerard Dignan who has been a trustee since since Day 1, Pam Rdgers who is Nelms’s secretary, Lindsay Darroch who is the Dundee Football Club Limited Company Secretary and another female whose name I cannot remember is the treasurer.
    This is hardly a wide representation of people in the Dundee area who are able to give their own expert knowledge.

I take it you are familiar with the skill set and knowledge the people you mention have? Just because two of them are connected to Dundee FC in some shape or form should not be a barrier for them to be trustees of the Community Trust. Has it occurred to you that these people might have the expert knowledge and skill set required to be the current trustees, or is it you yet again finding something to complain about and find fault with.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    So you want Dundee fc to fail as he is in charge.
    I want things to be done fairly and squarely and not showing favouritism to certain people and groups of supporters.

Maybe Burnley paid for the repair of the puddle at the Coxy turnstiles. When I got home after the end of the Cammy Kerr Testimonial match I had to wash the glaur off my shoes as a result of the disgraceful state of the area after exiting the Coxy stand.

I take it you are familiar with the skill set and knowledge the people you mention have? Just because two of them are connected to Dundee FC in some shape or form should not be a barrier for them to be trustees of the Community Trust. Has it occurred to you that these people might have the expert knowledge and skill set required to be the current trustees, or is it you yet again finding something to complain about and find fault with.
    I enclose the list of the Dundee United Community Trust trustees where you will see that they have a wide range of expertise. https://www.dundeeunitedct.co.uk/our-trustees
    I worked beside Gavin Muir in the Bank of Scotland and Elliot Shaw was an excellent and very helpful member of the Dundee Football Club Commercial team in 2018-19 before he sadly left to work at Glasgow Rangers.

I enclose the list of the Dundee United Community Trust trustees where you will see that they have a wide range of expertise. https://www.dundeeunitedct.co.uk/our-trustees
    I worked beside Gavin Muir in the Bank of Scotland and Elliot Shaw was an excellent and very helpful member of the Dundee Football Club Commercial team in 2018-19 before he sadly left to work at Glasgow Rangers.
    So you can't or won't answer the question asked and deflect the subject to something else instead? What is it that makes those individuals on the DFC Trust less suitable for such a role than those on the Dundee United Trust?

Because you worked beside Gavin Muir and because Elliot Shaw was 'an excellent and very useful member of the Dundee FC Commercial Team' they're both automatically better than any trustee on the DFC Community Trust?

Classic Islay.

Looking at the Elliot Shaw comment I can only assume you had one or more positive experiences with him when he was on the DFC Commercial Team? Because, as we all know, if you'd had a negative experience with him he'd be persona non grata in your opinion and completely unsuitable for such a position with Dundee United........... wouldn't he?.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)